View Full Version : The Preparatory Manual of Explosives

FireFly
November 14th, 2005, 11:51 PM
I'm having a problem uploading files. The process goes through to 100% however, when I save the post no file can be found. What could be the problem, I've uploaded files before...

Marvin
November 18th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Are you trying to upload the whole file, or just the torrent as you are supposed to?

You'd probably be better uploading to somewhere like rapidshare.de and just giving us the link.

FireFly
December 5th, 2005, 04:53 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/8679915/Mainbook.pdf.html
Password is ammonium.

Not in the form of a torrent, though I decided to use this thread since I had alread started it.

The_Duke
December 6th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks firefly

I have renamed and uploaded that file to tmp’s ftp. I have another book about explosives and weapons written by that “meathead” Jared Ledgard and I will also upload it to tmp’s ftp when I can find the disk.

If someone would like to make a torrent out of them than more power to you! I simply do not have the time nor the desire to do so.:(

teshilo
December 13th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks firefly for book .After reading it very mixed emotions.Very strange chapter about C-3,C-4 preparation: use polypropylen glycole as binder/plastificier:eek:Recipe with polypropylen glycole as homemade PE discussed in section HE few years ago author Mr.Cooll .As about PIB in original recipe.And why Jared Ledgard named C-4 PBX explosive? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .As about next book ?

Mr.Azo
December 14th, 2005, 12:05 PM
The pdf don`t come with a table of contents. Here it is, just right-click and save:
[ http://www.uvkchem.com/Document2.pdf ]

Marvin
December 15th, 2005, 12:10 PM
It certainly is a mixed bag.

The good seems to be mostly copied word for word from patents. Trouble is they always look slick, and you only find out the errors much later.

The information he's written himself seems to be very poor. Ammonium chlorate is stable and non toxic! Tetranitromethane is non toxic!

A lot of very dangerous mistakes. I think we need to compile a review.

teshilo
December 15th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Who read Preparation manual of CW agents by Ledgard. What is Chemical agent 4-692-530-02 and other in end, carbamates or this?http://www.uvkchem.com/warfare.htm
I dont know what is this? Any search dont give me results?
Review- this good idea .

megalomania
November 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I never had the occasion to read this book until now. I was glancing through it last night and wondering where the heck he gets those names from. Is he just making half of those up, creating abbreviations out of thin air? I started reading this book because I was running a few searches on the explosive names found in “Explosives and Chemical Weapons Identification Guide.”

As part of my website research I extensively scour as many resources as I can for explosive name synonyms. I have never run across any literature that has ever once referred to acetone peroxide as Acetone-P. Once I started looking at the other abbreviations he used, I can only conclude he made them up. For what reason, I know not.

Now I can’t tell which explosives he used the proper acronym for, and which he just made up. My excel list of names is getting too large to easily find many chemicals if there is a slight misspelling or variance. The book Explosives and Chemical Weapons Identification Guide makes it even worse because they used the Preparatory Manual as a source and just copied all the names. Now we have a perpetuated falsehood crossing two different books because some guy decided to invent his own names.

If I had known I could just make up any name I want for explosives, I would have done it years ago. A webpage only has so much room in the title before it wraps and makes it look weird :)

This makes me wonder if I can find the same level of fabrication and imaginary chemistry in the synthesis part of the book. I have absolutely no intention of reading any of them, because I do not want to use the book as a source. I am just looking for explosive names to add to my list of compounds to research. I will find my own sources, thank you very much.

The great irony of this is my website is significantly better than this book because Ledgard obviously does have permission to reprint a syntheses from journal articles, but he gets the citation credit for having a printed book. This limits his sources to mostly patents and some older literature, the same kinds of material everyone can already access online for free anyway. It would take years and cost a fortune for me to negotiate permissions to use journal article reprints, and most would refuse anyway, so I doubt I could ever publish a book that would be worthy of my standards. Damn the copyright cocksuckers!