View Full Version : NBK asked me...

festergrump
December 21st, 2005, 07:29 PM
... to relay this message on to all members here at Roguesci. He signed it with his PGP key so any with his key can verify it is indeed him.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Just checking in to let everyone know that I'm still alive.

Working my ass off to make money, almost 100 hour weeks, so I don't have a lot of free time. Hell, I barely get to sleep! :o

Anyways, the Forum is continu ing to have difficulties, Mega is AWOL (again), and things are dragging here.

Since I've been in contact with the admin of the Crucible, and he seems to be an alright fella, I'm giving my endorsement to the place as an alternative place for discussion of E&W while the Forum is in it's current state of disrepair.

This isn't to say that the Forum is being abandoned or replaced in favor of the Crucible...far from it. Only to say that the Crucible is an oasis for thirsty seekers of knowledge to hang about for a while and stay in contact with each other, rather than drifting apart because the main oasis (RS.org) is dryed up at the moment.

Since the admin of the Crucible stated that several people have stated a fear of being banned from RS.org if they were members of the Crucible, let me clarify now that no one will be banned for joining the Crucible, since it's silly to say that people can't go somewhere else to discuss E&W when we (RS.org) are currently incapable of adequately performing that function.

This also applies to anyone who may be staff at the Crucible who's members here. The rule against serving two masters will not be applied during the current troubles at RS.org.

Anyways, back to the grind, and have a good christmas and happy New Years and all that jazz. :)

NBK2000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 7.1.1

iQIVAwUBQ6jQ4VafCGD4L9mhAQJd8A/7BZQSy0EgV7XfWycaTcQ4TDdLPKR6UcfW
cLMUaBw1t9768o5j2Jp/oIA3uXQfjF3jnqf7M++GVo6k2Gik3qN0//aH52j3XuYp
YWRDusENeiXRGtf25HFabGBS0dSwYD0Yy2dSo8/hDjfSOF48N9Ayro11fGPAne8H
XiMILfNrRL6N7lK9DBSvLiGIYF22aE/pdSUjEx2nlmyWIfU9m5s1dZUXiCKplJk9
U1nXxGXC2M5FoJeZ76IusrwvJr/V1dMPUDFEyb25N1OBTu9g3pLfLkUnlNI3nUW+
q5hMN/w4jcxnZAHQozlOPxovlm6+LnJBJuFrksIX9ddlo2MxbrGTDPtj jFj5eJHf
jtTptmZAv0oaC2BWa3QFoxHvbpeeKw++nKqs4FBAsgexD4oSOi NBMINl4d/WJyDc
uleEs8LZoE4wnTMxE2GPvKJuEc/83HzlY+6eii3F4yupmWuJxycWRyPrRY7vv5Qv
haLL67E5QP9AC4WfDmE081+NhQOMAqObYixmedRk2PW/PRSdoO2SAH8gtEtX/Cm9
wc5A+xJ5a3by0ijSONSuytUU/1GWrDG1ZaxwlzscJyg/HcfrB7LF0q4HiJTqZSlo
/dMYyswLY9vuVCjbbXATZFFg3vk2FhlCDxHOIwq3V4np4vfqfuR gXo7Rl2p1i9y/
dclJotz0734=
=gZ/b
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Kamisama
December 23rd, 2005, 01:39 AM
;)

Let me think about this.

1. Join an area where people have power to boot someone... or...
2. Stay in an area where the powers have abandoned to make more money for christmas shopping.

I choose roguesci which is #2.
The nice thing about this place is that sure, I came here expecting some cool stuff. I got some cool info. People know their stuff. It also took me a few days of google searching to come here. I originally knew this place existed from sciencemadness.org

Most importantly is the whole name of the dotcom and the banner of the front page. You can't find enough intellectuals who are badasses who have Washu front Tenchi Muyo on their front page. That's seriously hardcore. :D

Other than that, this website is currently in a state of Anarchy if there is little or no moderation. The good side to this is that if the website is not spoken about from word of mouth, I'm sure no idiots will trip around on it.

This shows that there is very little or no need for moderation.
In that point, I rather stay in a place of Anarchy then get banned from the crucible again.

Chris The Great
December 23rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
You got banned because you ranted about how the forum sucked when your thread about igniting gasoline with NaOH + water was locked because the idea obviously couldn't ever work. You would have been banned from here by your first post.

Perhaps that is why you like the absence of moderation? :D

festergrump
December 26th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Anyone who has read much of NBK's posts knows better than to think he was saving up for Christmas gifts... more likely it's for a complete takeover of western civilization.

Enjoy your anarchy while you have it, Genecks / Kamisama. Doubtful it will last but moments longer than you will here...

Maybe you should ask Matsumoto Hideki / Mr. Anfo / 'whatever he calls himself these days' for some help on the "inventing" of a 'new' plastic explosive from sodium hydroxide, water, and gasoline... "MY DPPP go WAY faster than 7000 mps, guys!" + "Teacher say so!" (quotes from Hideki) :rolleyes:

You guys should get along fine without moderation, just not here.

Jacks Complete
December 29th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I can't say I've ever tried lighting petrol from burning sodium metal lit by water, but I can't see why it wouldn't work? As long as it was already burning before it hit the petrol, ignition is fairly certain. Sodium Hydroxide, however, isn't going to be happening!

Anyway, good to know that it is NBK, and that he is alive and well and stuff.

FUTI
December 30th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I gained an impresion that tha idea was making the explosion with strange chemicals in mix that won't work...but then again I maybe misunderstood and certainly didn't pay attention to napalm like mixtures. Yes there were some navy based mixture similar to that mentioned, but no NaOH, but Na and even that was to weak for navy so they added potasium salt of phosphine that due to its contamination with P2H4 generated in contact with water ignites the mixture I think. Learning is heavy, occasionally teacher will use a palm of his hand to reset your line of thinking and reboot it to proper state...we call it moderation):-)