View Full Version : US plans to "fight" (censor) the net revealed:

Davo
January 27th, 2006, 11:02 PM
"From influencing public opinion through new media to designing "computer network attack" weapons, the US military is learning to fight an electronic war. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4655196.stm

"When it describes plans for electronic warfare, or EW, the document takes on an extraordinary tone.

It seems to see the internet as being equivalent to an enemy weapons system.

"Strategy should be based on the premise that the Department [of Defense] will 'fight the net' as it would an enemy weapons system," it reads.

The slogan "fight the net" appears several times throughout the roadmap.

The authors warn that US networks are very vulnerable to attack by hackers, enemies seeking to disable them, or spies looking for intelligence.

"Networks are growing faster than we can defend them... Attack sophistication is increasing... Number of events is increasing." "

............Sounds scary, the crackdown time is closer than we think

Chris The Great
January 29th, 2006, 01:11 AM
"And, in a grand finale, the document recommends that the United States should seek the ability to "provide maximum control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum".

US forces should be able to "disrupt or destroy the full spectrum of globally emerging communications systems, sensors, and weapons systems dependent on the electromagnetic spectrum".

Consider that for a moment.

The US military seeks the capability to knock out every telephone, every networked computer, every radar system on the planet. "

:eek:

bipolar
January 29th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I think a lot of this is actually propaganda itself. The article even admits propaganda intended for a foreign audience is heavily consumed by Americans too. They just say they cant help it.

This is to make us(citizens), or enemies of the US scared or think that the US government is unbeatable, and put fear into them, etc It was probably released on purpose to have a certain effect.

FUTI
January 30th, 2006, 02:56 PM
only way of jamming full electromagnetic spectrum known to me would be a series of subkilotone nuclear explosions during a conflict...not very usable although effective...anyone has better picture?

ImagineReality
January 31st, 2006, 02:18 AM
FUTI what about EPFCG (Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generators)? These generators are I believe very feasible pieces of technology and could be used as an EMP weapon without the fuss of nuclear destruction. I found a quick link on wikipedia for a brief description of one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosively_pumped_flux_compression_generator

FUTI
April 24th, 2006, 10:55 AM
EPFCG are old story...several country already have them. USA have air-strike bomb version, Russians marketed even an artillery granade version(?), UK worked furiously on it couple years ago...and I guess others are close behind. They are good for small targeted area. The article was bulls*it propaganda..."knocking down every grid on planet" (That is why I mention nukes)...well if they wanted to disconect the W3 they would easily do that since most nodes of that grid are in the USA. Good link anyway since other uses escaped my eye so far.:)

atlas#11
July 4th, 2006, 12:55 AM
EPFCG is old news. But it would make a fun experiment... Has anyone tried this on here? The design seems simple enough. A capacitor bank wouldn't be hard to build, depending on the voltage needed. I've got copper pipe, wire and an antena.

I've seen plenty of articles on them, the results look promising. But... are they really as simple as having a copper tube filled with explosives surrounded by a copper coil? How accurate would the timing have to be on the capacitor discharge?

I doubt a home experimenter could blackout a city with one... But atleast I could piss off the FCC officer monitoring the radio.

Any one have any experience?