View Full Version : Reactivating a Glock 17

Super0071
January 31st, 2006, 01:53 PM
How would you go about reactivating a deactivated Glock 17?
Information about the Glock 17 is the Glock 17 was deactivated before 1995. The deactivated firearm has, fully working gun movements and is fully strippable it is also capable of dry firing.

Now, say if I got my hands onto the complete uppers section of a Glock 17 brand new, this would include a barrel top slide and all components I that slide and the Recoil Rod. And let’s say I got my hands on to a complete receiver part replacement kit. (All parts in side the receiver).

Now I would have thought from that it would have been possible to reactivate the Glock 17. The only thing that I am concerned about is that, the barrel in the Glock 17 might not be removable i.e. welded in place which will make it difficult.

For ammunition I would have though if I got some INERT ammunition I would be able to convert this into live ammunition is this possible?

This post is of course theoretically speaking and I am not going to build the firearm and go rob a bank lol:eek:

nbk2000
January 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Before we can tell you how to reactivate the gun, we must first know how it was deactivated.

I'm assuming the barrel has been plugged and welded into place, with the slide rails cut to weaken them?

Also, have you searched for previous discussion threads here about reactivation of DEWAT's and prop guns?

Super0071
February 1st, 2006, 10:48 AM
Im not sure exactly how the firearm was deactivated, as i have not actually purchaced the item yet. But i was worried if the barrel was welded on that will cause problems. would it be easy to remove, keeping the base of where the barrel is conected in tact so my orginal replacment glock barrel will fit perfectly. The slide can also be replaced as i have all orginal parts of a glock 17 except the reciver.

tomu
February 2nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Find out if the Glock can be disassembled. If it can be disassembled the barrel is not fixed to the receiver. Change the deactivated barrel and the slide and the Glock will be alive again.

If it can't be diassembled, try to get your hands on a LEP-Glock (it's a real Glock modified to an air gun, I forget the english Brandname for this type of gun). with this type of modification only the barrel and the slide is modified. Reactivating see above.

Illuminaughty
April 7th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Deactivated Glock cannot be reactivated unless you have a good way of fusing small, precision metal parts to the polymer frame.

Good luck with that.

Also, the only "deactivated" glocks I've seen are cutaways. Would be interested to know about other methods of deactivation, and used by whom.