View Full Version : Ninja rocks??

Kamisama
February 11th, 2006, 01:16 AM
:confused:

I just learned this term today from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_rocks

I looked at it and thought, "What is this all about? I want a picture."

I don't know much about automechanics so I was wondering if anyone here at Roguesci actually knows about these things. I'm guessing they have some value since they can silently break the glass. I wonder if this article is fake, but either way it seems very recent because of the stated 2003.

a_bab
February 11th, 2006, 05:33 AM
The article is not fake.

I didn't know that they are called "ninja rocks" but they are supposed to be able to break the window of all cars.

All you need is a slingshot (you do need it so you can launch these shards at high speed) and of course a shard of sparkplug.

Jacks Complete
February 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM
As far as I know, you can hold them in your hand and slam them against the glass, and it will shatter instantly. They are ultra-hard ceramic, and harder than the glass, which fractures the outer skin. The tempering does the rest.

They won't get you in if there is bandit film or if it is laminated glass.

meselfs
February 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
That reminds me: my brother is a volunteer firefighter and he has this nifty spring loaded carbide thingy. The carbide is about 1/4" which is pointed at about 45 degrees. You spring load it, and it'll break right through any glass. A more "proffesional" method...

bipolar
February 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM
meselfs:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. They call it a window punch. Good for forced entry.

Check out this video of one from a manufcaturer Zak Tool. They also make their "halligan" tool, their version of a hooligan tool, tactical fence climbers, etc.

ZAK TOOL VIDEO DEMOS (http://www.zaktool.com/demos.html)

ZAK TOOL WINDOW PUNCHES (http://www.zaktool.com/windowpunches.html)

The thing I see as the best use of "ninja rocks" is remotely with a slingshot so you can break a window from a distance. But then you could probably use something else. Seems like just a good improvised thing.

meselfs
February 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Indeed, a marble fired with a slingshot will break most windows, including windsheilds.

Risk
February 17th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Sweet, I'll try to launch them with a sling shot.
I've tried before but they didn't shatter, probably because of this.

Jacks Complete
February 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Use an automatic center punch, and it will pop the toughened glass fine. However, the small chips look like stones, so you can drop them and walk on, or throw them into the rough ground, and you are then free to argue.

cracker
November 16th, 2006, 12:43 AM
I have seen these in action several times due to a thug friend of mine. A marble or other thrown object cannot compare to the silence that porcelain will give. No speed is needed in the throw. I have watched him simply "flick" and even underhand throw these with success in breaking every time. The sound it gives off when it goes is much different than ordinary glass breaking, The best way I can think of to describe it is to say it compares to the sound of dry firing a gun. Possibly even quieter.

Red Beret
November 16th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Speaking from my personal experience, these only work when thrown hard. But yes they are very effective and expedient.