View Full Version : Nicotine

leon36
February 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Was reading some of the previous posts on this forum regarding the exraction of nicotine. Im kinda new to this area so i need some help in exracting nicotine from nicorette inhalers. I know they contain about 10mg of nicotine. How would it be done at home? do you just empty the stuff then boil it? is it that simple? Wouldnt the fumes coming out during the boiling process be toxic?

Appreciate all help

Jacks Complete
February 18th, 2006, 11:18 AM
If you boil it, you might be wasting your time. I'm fairly sure the Nicorette patches are just small amounts of pure nicotine in a substrate. The inhalers almost certainly work the same way. Hence, though I don't know for certain, I suspect a purely mechanical recovery would be best.

Have you cracked one open yet? Post photos!

p.s. good first post!

Cyclonite
February 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Be sure to be very careful, a tiny amount can ruin your day. The patch would be the easiest way to go, the plant I work at makes them. Just remove the transdermal gel and your left with nicotine.

nbk2000
February 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
http://There's a pretty complete discussion on this topic at:

www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?fid=15&tid=3404&action=printable

Try reading up on it and see if you can duplicate the results posted there. :)

leon36
March 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Just reading through that discussion, does that mean all the stuff people post around about getting it from boiling cigarette content doesnt work?

++++

No.

NBK