View Full Version : Using ephedrine as a HCL source?

DaedalusX
February 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM
In Canada,

It's legal to buy ephedrine in 8mg tablets. They sell it as an Oral "Nasal Decongestant". They're 100% HCL.

My questions are:

- Is it better/safer to use HCL instead of 'battery acid' for Acetone Peroxide
- 50 tablets of 8mg sells for 5$ here, is it very expensive for the total HCL I would get converting tablets to liquid ?

kld1648temp
February 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Ephedrine HCl is a hydrochloride salt of ephedrine (C6H5CHOHCH(CH3)NHCH3.HCl), not 100% HCl. You're better off taking advantage of the drug it is being sold as, and buying muriatic acid from a hardware store if you need hydrochloric acid.

The_Duke
February 16th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Moron...:rolleyes:

What you have is Pseudo-ephedrine hydrochloride; You would do better off using that Pseudo-ephedrine HCl to make Crystal Meth and smoking the rest of your brain cells away rather then playing with high explosives! :p

Edit: You’ve been here for two years; One would think that you would have moved on from AP by now...

DaedalusX
February 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Wow
I made an incredibly awfull mistake.

Somehow I feel this isnt going to go well :o

Boomer
February 17th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Great idea! I cant find acetic anhydride to make HMX, so off to my dealer to get some smack. I might be able to convert it back to Ac2O + ...

Sorry couldn't resist.

FUTI
February 17th, 2006, 03:20 PM
inducing vomiting is propably the better way to obtain HCl than this one proposed LOL. I also couldn't resist...for a moment my brain stoped working trying to find what is the shorthand HCL that you write in subject of topic...then I opened the topic and burst too laugh. Read some more chemistry, only thing I can actually try to accept is your attempt to know how much by weight of acid you will be use...but the way you try in your lack of knowledge is mind-melting.

tmp
February 19th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Daedalusx, you already have access to my FTP. Look there or use the search
engine before asking such questions. BTW, get some muriatic acid from your
local hardware store, if possible. And YES, it is safer for AP than H2SO4.

You've been given the access. Do some research ! It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to make AP !

DaedalusX
February 22nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
BTW tmp I never got the chance to thank you for you precious FTP.

Your ebook collection is excellent and the FTP is always online. Great resource. :)