View Full Version : Nitroglycerin in detonators

hitwhereithurts
February 20th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Is nitroglycerin powerful enough to use to make my own detonators for RDX, ANFO, and TNT? Also if I pass an electrical charge through the NG - say 12V - would it detonate?

Thanks,
Jerry M.

nbk2000
March 9th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Question 1: Yes, but it's a secondary, not a primary, explosive. Thus not ideal or even feasible for that application.

Question 2: No (with exceptions).

Boomer
March 31st, 2006, 09:54 AM
How is he gonna pass current trough an insulator?

If you pass *enough* current, a secondary works as well (read kilovolts/kiloamps aka EBW).

Guess he's gonna use it for "ANFO ... mining purpose ONLY" using 50/12/41 fertilizer (101% total).

Or he might use a "detonator, you think it'l work" with 8g AP (hand rammed).

Wonder why I hardly come here any more? I want the old NBK back, not one who is afraid "if I ban them all our lines get too thin".

nbk2000
April 1st, 2006, 04:14 AM
If I deleted the new topics and banned all newbies for asking stupid questions, who would members have to mock? I could be selfish and hog all the humilation of idiots to myself, but I'm not selfish. I'm sharing the fun and joy of n00bie humilation with everyone! :)

Please also note the following:

The Water Cooler No range of topics, little moderation, no questions refused, or any one banned.

So, as long as they post in it the WC, they're safe. If he had posted this outside of the WC, then he'd be HED bait. You don't see Jaques around anymore, do you? Wonder why...:rolleyes:

And you are free to come here, or not, as you choose.

Jacks Complete
April 2nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
You can tell he's a bit dim, because he would appear to have signed his post (in contravention of the rules) with his real name and initial... D'uh!