View Full Version : newbie introduction

mrbisket
February 23rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
ok as the forum rules say post in the water coller till you have figured out the forum so i guess i will obey nbk rules so i guess ile introduce my self ime mrbisket i live in australia ime not relly that old late teens you could say ime not relly that good with chemistry and explosives but dont get me wrong ive done some basics black powder flash poder smoke screens (not relly chemistry i know ) the reason ive sighned up like most people i wanted to learn i few things ive looked at other forums so far this is the best one ive found this seems to be a very professional one the mods are doing there jobs and every one else seems to be very educated to.
sence i dont know that much i thought ide join a proper forum to learn from the pros ive looked at alot of nbks post and there very well how do i say there like a holy grail i guess not that ime ass kissing or anything i hope to learn a lot more from this forum so far ive planned on taking basic high school chemistry classes and mabe some out side school ones look at alot of text books i can find so if any one can pm me some ide relly be thank full but ide just search the forum too like the rules point out . also while on the subject of text books and pming information if any one knows any orgs that teach chemistry in brisbane ide like to find out so ide be thank full for that to. well that compleats my intro mabe some other newbies should post there intro here to also ide just like to thank nbk againe for his post there very educating and i hope to see more of them

nbk2000
February 24th, 2006, 04:11 AM
My first reaction at seeing the above post was KILL! KILL! KILL!

But we're not supposed to BAN 'em if they post their atrocities against the english language in the water cooler. :rolleyes:

So...if every time you post here, I see some kind of improvement in your grammer and spelling, I'll let you stay.

1. Start with capitalizing the beginning of your sentences.

2. HAVE PARAGRAPH BREAKS! Not one big run-on block of text.

3. The letter I, when used to refer to yourself, is ALWAYS capitalized.

Pay more attention in school about how to write a sentence, and then USE IT.

This isn't a chat room or IM session, it's a bulletin board. We can NOT tolerate poor grammer or vocabulary when writing about things that can turn you into a pink mist because of a incorrectly spelt word. Read the most recent entries in the Banned For Life section for examples of what NOT to be. :)

If, by your third post here, you aren't doing at least one of the three things listed above, you're gone. :)

simply RED
February 25th, 2006, 08:19 AM
"ive planned on taking basic high school chemistry classes and mabe some out side school ones"

Little Iva planned, but she never did :) ...

tmp
February 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I saw that one coming even before getting to NBK's reply. NBK is extremely
intolerant of that type of post.

Mrbisket, you'll survive here longer if you capitalize, punctuate, spell correctly
and use proper grammar. This is from a person who HATED English throughout
high school and college. Most math and science types do ! I'm using the 1st
six lines of your post to give you an example. Work on that and work on your
chemistry.

"OK, As the Forum rules say, post in the Water Cooler until you have figured out
the Forum. So I guess I will obey NBK's rules. So I guess I'll introduce myself.
I'm Mrbisket. I live in Australia. I'm not really that old - late teens you could
say."