View Full Version : School Regulations

DirtyDan
March 3rd, 2006, 02:41 AM
Normally, I sit back and ignore the infringements on freedom. I frolic with the sheepies and enjoy my safety. Things like not having access to certain chemicals and whatnot does irritate the creative side of me, but with a little motivation that can all be overcome as well. There's a good and a bad to everything, right?

Link Here (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MYSPACE_SUSPENSIONS?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-03-02-15-08-13)

Lately though I have been alerted to infringements that really make me rage. This is not the greatest example, but this most recently struck me. Myspace, the motherland of the K3W75 and sheepies, has gotten many users suspended or expelled from their schools by exercising their free speech.

In this article, a Myspace user created a group entitled "I Hate (Name)." It also apparently contained some anti-Semitic comments and worst of all threats on her life. Upon finding this, the school expelled the creator. Okay, I guess that’s reasonable...

They also suspended 20 students who had VIEWED the posts. There might be more to the story, but for the love of Sam what is happening!

I once, if not more times, have had my life threatened in person. I ignored it, and although someone else reported it no punishment resulted. Truthfully, I do not really care. Middle School kids generally are just kiddies with preteen fury.

Comments appreciated. Add your own examples as well.

Story found courtesy of Digg.com
(http://www.digg.com)

cyclonite4
March 3rd, 2006, 04:33 AM
It doesn't seem to say in the article if Myspace reported the students, or the school find out via access logs. I believe it was likely to be the latter.

I think expelling a student over something so small, is plain stupid. I mean, if there was certain evidence that he was planning to shotgun her to death, then it should be investigated, but expelling a student over a hypothetical question?

Suspending the viewers is pretty unfair, as it doesn't necessarily reflect their opinions.

festergrump
March 3rd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Kids are kids, and in this day and age, I don't think the idea of death really sinks in until at least the twenties...

She must have stolen some pokemon or dragonball Z cards for them to want to shoot her 1000 times in the head, huh?

School is a police state. Parents need to see what it's like because this is their future, too. (exchange expulsion for imprisonment and you see the future, for those who do not so nice things... even on the internet).

Chris The Great
March 3rd, 2006, 05:39 AM
Completely unrealted, but has anyone else seen the video version of Pink Floyd's The Wall? It has a great scene of the children burning down and destroying the school. Not that this has anything to do with schools being like the government. None at all ;)

99% of teenagers these days are angsty shits who think they are a lot greater/tougher/better than they are. Most will grow up with the same illusions, since our society makes it so you don't really have to grow up anymore.

The whole issue is pretty crazy, but look around you: this is getting be normal in the real world, not just school. Welcome to real life I guess. :mad:

Ropik
March 3rd, 2006, 05:05 PM
Now that's scary! I didn't know that some school would expell someone for viewing something. If someone see a thread entitled "I hate *someone*", and views it, it doesn't mean that he is going to shot *somebody* down. I think schools are going to hell in a handbasket if this is possible. Thank God this new, progressive approach didn't make it here yet. I would be expelled several times over for viewing "strange internet forums inciting manufacture of explosives and various related crimes".
Now it looks like there are forums inciting "manufacture of crimes". Nevermind, you know what I mean.

explosive_boy
March 4th, 2006, 01:00 AM
This stories makes me sick there is no reason they should have suspended those other students. Its a form of cencoring at schools near me whenever they had a problems with a student doing soemthing liek that they would keep it a secret even from the parents.

me234
March 4th, 2006, 04:52 AM
I'm glad you guys are motivated about this stuff. And I appreciated and understand what you're all saying.
BUT, so far you guys have missed the point...
Yes it's bad that school children are getting into trouble for thought crime, but it's precisely the fact that it is school children that's the worst part...
The headmaster brings in the parents, tells them that their kid threatened a girls life, or that the kid was there and witnessed the threat and did nothing. They don't mention that it was written on a computer, or that they had to track their children down. They then explain the gravity of the situation. They expel the kid who did the threatening. Suspend everyone else.
the parents are eager to help, and are glad their kids where caught early, before anything bad happened - Fair enough, parents are supposed to worry.
BUT, how do kids learn things about life?
Through their parents actions, and through social interactions.
So, for the rest of there lives, all the kids involved in this incident have now "learnt" from their parents, and from their school that:
1 - They shouldn't threaten; talk about threatening; or maybe even not write in their diary's about threatening people.
2 - If they hear other people threatening someone, they either turn them in, or get into trouble with the person who actually did something. The idea of it is now very bad as far as they're concerned, and they shouldn't even think about it, they could get into trouble after all.
3 - The people in charge (headmaster; whoever etc.) can and do trace and track people when something bad happens (only then, law-abiders have nothing to worry about, they haven't done any thing after all, what does it matter if someone reads what they write?). This is to be accepted and expected, don't even bother thinking about it anymore, they haven't thought about threatening anyone, they won't get into trouble.
4 - The people doing the tracking averted a tragic incident, thankfully they read that thing, tracked the culprit down, and got rid of him before he carried out his threat, phew! The people reading my e-mails, listening in to my phone calls etc. are the good guys, they helped us out, I think it's a good thing that they carry on doing this: I didn't want that girl to die after all.

So from now until the day they die they are brainwashed, they all think the above 4 points. Worse, they believe in those things now (can't even bring myself to call them ideas, they are but things to me:mad: ).
And because everyone inadvertently becomes their parents, they will pass this manner of thinking onto their children one day. They'll probably even tell of how big brother save this girl they knew in school once if their kids ask them: "why do they do these things, isn't it bad that we get listened in to?"

So from now on, there is an entire school of children who believes in these things (except maybe a hopeful few who think similarly to us - not identically of course, we want individuals here!). They grow up and will spread out across the world, passing on their beliefs to their children, who will then grow up, and marry into a family that thinks like us, have kids, and secretly indoctrinate them while the spouse who thinks like us is at work. In this way, they will spread and devour the world.

You guys see the point I'm getting at now?
How the media pushes these stories to the front page to indoctrinate the masses, show them how good big brother is, get them slowly used to the idea, and them get them to want big brother.
Depressing isn't, more so than any book because it's actually happening, right before our minds (those of us who are awake enough to use ours), everyday.

It's all about brainwashing the masses while they're still impressionable.

Mr.Azo
March 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
It included an anti-Semitic reference. I think that was the factor that caused the punishment.

I'm sure that at least some of you have noticed the double standards of 'anti-Semitism' and the politically correct 'anti-White'-attitude?

The one who asked who would like to shoot the girl with a shotgun of course had the right to say what he said, but it should not come as a shock that he was suspended. After all, we all know that the freedom of speech is gasping for its last breaths of air.

What *really* bothers me, is that the other students who merely viewed the messages, also got suspended. That's police state terror.

Also, the police are investigating the incident as a possible hate crime, so I would guess it were 'evil White racist kids' that are being 'disciplined'. Imagine an untermensch harassing a white kid; would it then be investigated as a hate-crime? Would every other untermenschen that read the threats be suspended? Would the district try to expel them? I doubt it.

Edit: Grammar

DirtyDan
March 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I just thought of another scenario that made me laugh.

Have any of you ever played video games as a kid, on the internet, or watched someone else? There's a constant state of chaos as players call eachother niggars and chinks and threaten to "kill" each other. I guess maybe that's figurative, but it's a similar Internet thought crime. :rolleyes:

That factor is what also scares me about those in power with super-critical views towards violent videogames. Someones surely already suggested more Internet policing of free speech in chat rooms, video games, etc.

I guess the reason Myspace actually caused something to happen is because its so much easier to track. I sometimes fear technology.

Ropik
March 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM
-White men harrasing Afroamericans, Asians or Latinoamericans are racists.
-Afroamericans harrasing whites are bad neighbours.
-Afroamericans harrasing Asians or Latinoamericans are making reasonable steps to protect integrity of their community.
I don't know who wrote this, but it's mostly true.
Yes, the "suspend everyone who viewed it" attitude is bothering me. If you are running down a street and shouting "Death to *name*, kill him, kill him, kill him", you can expect at least questioning your saneness. Now I know that writing something on some forum isn't exactly the same as shouting it on a street(at least because they can't arrest everybody who heard you, not yet), freedom of speech has it's limits, but punishing someone for reading something... ouch. George Orwell would be proud.

me234
March 7th, 2006, 01:07 AM
I get the feeling they won't ever ban all the violent games out there.
For those of you who've read it, in "1984" everybody under the states control was subjected to a "2 minutes hate" every day.
Basically, while on lunch break at work, everyone would gather around a TV screen and Big Brother would appear and give them details about the ongoing war with whoever, then images of the war (IIRC) would be shown, and everyone would stand up and shout and scream at the screen for 2 minutes straight, then sit down and finish their lunch.
That's what video games do for our generation. How many people have you seen playing Quake or GTA or something violent or to do with crime for hours on end, and then apologise the second they think they might have offended someone on the street? They take their motivation out on the games, and none is left for the real world.

As for thought crimes, what do you suppose conspiracy charges are?
Oh, and did you guys read the paper, they arrested some guy in England for "thinking about conspiracy to commit robbery". This was in connection with that big heist over there the other day.
Isn't it great when they can arrest you because THEY thought that YOU thought...
Maybe we can argue that thinking I'm a criminal is a crime because they're thinking bad thoughts about me, therefore to arrest me because they think I thought something would be illegal.
Could you imagine if this shit had happened in back when USA won its independence?

FUTI
March 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Yes me234 and it is almost touching how the goverments off all countries arrange the news on TV/newspaper etc. Leading news are about a war/earthquake/dissaster somewhere wheather it has any effect on you and your country or not. It is all done in the matter of humanity and false moral, while the bottom line is to give the viewer/reader an impresion "how good is the life in our country, look what is happening in the world, such wicked things are horrible etc." - If it bleedes it leads.