tmp
March 7th, 2006, 03:26 AM
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06094.html

Check the above link about Iowa Pyro Supply. Our US tax dollars and the
nanny-state federal agencies hard at work. These fucking assholes must be
bored out of their skulls !

Shvlhead
March 10th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Shouldn't they be chasing down the death-dealing tobacco merchants?

Shit, the other day, I got up "on the wrong side of the bed" and everyone in my office suffered. Turned out that my bed didn't come with intructions. The CPSC really ought to look into that.

Iowa Pyro went out of business before I "smelled the smoke", but if they sold tubes listed as "M-80" tubes or sold actuall M-80 kits, then they were asking for trouble. Other than that possibility, I didn't see any "illegal" item. KP ain't illegal, paper tubes ain't illegal, fuse ain't illegal. This is worse then drug paraphenalia cases. No one smokes tobacco through a bong, but those enumerated items all have legal uses (and not with a wink and a smile.)

I don't know about you, but I feel MUCH safer now. :americancitizentakingituptheass}

Bert
March 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, they also sold red Phosphorous and Iodine crystals to the wrong people. And had irregular habbits in shipping haz mat.

Read this also. The CPSC is trying to eliminate ALL sales of pyro chemicals in the US. http://www.skylighter.com/skylighter_info_pages/article.asp?Item=72

Murlin
March 14th, 2006, 01:03 AM
The CPSC has recently become very antagonistic in their pursuit of small scale pyrotechnics suppliers. Here's a link to the company the skylighter article is refering to.

http://firefox-fx.com/CPSC.htm

Firefox is one of the stricter chemical suppliers. They won't sell anything, not even cardboard tubes, without a copy of the purchasers drivers liscence and a signed wavier. If the CPSC shuts down firefox they will probably plow over all the other small suppliers as well.

Dexfurax
May 22nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Can't blame them guys, you know that Bin Laden once had a plan to take over my local McDonalds with flash powder and - GASP - a red cardboard tube with 6" of Visco!!!

All in sarcasm of course, I'm an former Air Force tech and 100% American, that said when is the administration going to get off there a$$es and fix the current regime's f*ck up's like Iraq, the Middle-East, New Orleans’s and now the Mexican border and STOP messing with back yard hobbyist who like to go over the top with out 4th of July celebrations??

If the CPSC is really concerned about kids with M-80's when any 12 year old with brain and $100.00 can get an unregistered gun??

NoltaiR
May 22nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Before I post this, I must say that I am unfamiliar with the current laws of what pyrotechnic supplies you can and can't possess.

There are several online companies that sell those chemicals. At one point in time I had boxes of different chemicals in my closet.. all of which I had purchased online. These include KNO3, KClO4, powdered Zn, powdered Al, 100% S, 95% H2SO4, and many others that I can't quite think of. And when I say I had boxes, I mean I had a minimum of 5 pounds of anything that was a solid and at least one quart of anything that was a liquid.

Thankfully I don't have them anymore. In reality, I live in the city now so there is no way to experiment like I used to be able to anyways. I bought all of those items off of eBay.

Hmmm... why can't the government spend their time and money focusing on something more important... like healthcare.

Inferno42
February 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well its a problem of public attention. Kids getting there fingers blown off makes big news story and people ask why were they able to get a hold of dangerous chemicals. No one asks what there parents were doing when the kids were getting all that stuff shipped to their houses.

With health care the mainstream news and population have lost interest. This is partly because the corporations who would be hurt by healthcare reforms partly own news stations, and also becuase those who need health care reform are horribly underrepresented.

Back to the main topic though, if online suppliers just put in limits on amounts and checked credit cards and age there would be no problems with terrorism or anything. No one is gonna bring an m80 on a plane.

Frunk
February 9th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Kids getting there fingers blown off makes big news story and people ask why were they able to get a hold of dangerous chemicals.

Imagine the horror if the governement ever learns that the chemicals in m80s can be made from table salt, some kilowatts and aluminium foil (ball milled). For the tubes, some paper, a rod of some kind and elmer's glue. And the fuse? Silicone sealant and KCLO3, made from salt.
Oh my god, you mean that such everyday stuff can be used by the forces of ultimate evil to create explosives?

I'm not too concerned about pyro suppliers getting closed down. If a 16 year old kid can figure that out in Canada, it's not like the pyro hobby is about to die. I've got a limited supply of most chems, except HCl, H2SO4 and KNO3 which I can get by the ton at the hardware store, so I try to think homemade all the time. Anyways, they can't stop dumbasses from blowing themselves up . Around here, they get maimed all the time with aerosol cans and gutted firecracker ''bombs''.