View Full Version : Plans

me234
March 16th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, the "Plans" thread has been locked by the mods. Yes we believe in talking about anything we want, but yes it was a bit OT, and yes the mods do have a responsibility to this Forum and its members to uphold the standards and keep this place dedicated to its true purpose, and its focus, of E&W.
So, alas, the "Plans" thread is no longer. I would firstly like to apologise to Mega for abusing the "Tools, Techniques, and Plans" section, which was intended for technical information, and opening a thread not really related to the subject in there. I also want to thank the mods for letting it stay open for long enough to generate enough interest amoung members that they might want to continue this important discussion elsewhere.
Secondly, I would like to ask Forumites if they know of a few places they might suggest we can go to to carry on this discussion. It is unfortunate that the thread was locked when it was because on Monday I was going to swing the discussion away from how-to-get-out-the-house-when-the-pork-kick-in-the-door, and nudge it towards what-to-do-once-you're-outside-the-house-and-away-from-the-pork.
So if anyone knows a good place, preferably kinda small and a bit unknown, then let us know so we can join up and continue this most neccessary of discussions.

Once again, sorry for abusing your board Mega.
And people, let's not let this one die off completely.

Alexires
March 16th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I agree, thanks to Mega and the mods for letting it go on as long as it did. I understand their responsibility to keep the forum running, and how this may have brought heat upon them.

I have absolutely no idea of anywhere where we could talk about it. Through Ninjutsu, Ive learnt that sometimes, the best place to hide is in plain sight. Maybe we could pose as a book group on yahoo writing about post big brother world, or something like that. Not too sure.

cyclonite4
March 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Perhaps make a tiny forum on one of those free hosts, that is closed to the public (invite only), but then again, it would probably be against the T&C of the host, and they may shut it down, or report it.

How about one of those java based chat rooms, with a password required (that is given to the interested forum members)?

Alexires has a point with the "in plain sight" thing, however, as NBK said in the closed thread, speaking about such 'plans' where anyone (i.e. pork) can read it, can be self-defeating.

Jacks Complete
March 19th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I actually started the whole thing off, so I'm to blame, really, not u234...

I'm sure we can all see that it becomes a dangerous topic when combined with the info on this site and the sad way of the world right now, so it had to go.

If someone started a small forum, it might run for a while, but unless it was on a random small server far away, the minute it was linked to from here, the host would probably be told to kill it off, or it would be blocked. Of course, if someone could find a way to encrypt it at the other end, so the host techies couldn't read it, but it was transparent to us, that would be interesting. Some live backup tricks to send info to other places (distributed network server) would be best, though.

BlackFalcoN
March 19th, 2006, 07:56 PM
As you know, there recently have been a couple of postings regarding anti-government organization, underground resistance or just plainly inciting revolt against 'THE' government.

While these posts have been locked by moderators (as it should be -- because this forum is mainly about the science and engineering of explosives, not overthrowing governments ), there definitely should be a place on the internet where such a discussion can be held.
As these topics are attracting even more attention from various (U.S.?) government agencies, I understand RS.org should not be the place to discuss them as it is under enough federal attention already. Such topics would essentially threaten the future existence of RS.org

However, being a supporter of free-speech myself, I believe that knowledge and ideas should be shared and discussed openly, not being restricted by numerous "patriotic" laws and their enforcement.

That's why I'm thinking about creating a separate forum, a place to discuss the more political and ideological biased ideas members may have.
This forum will NOT deal with the theoretical science, chemistry and engineering of E&W in general, as there is already a prime source for that on RS.org

It will deal with the various tactics, organizational structures and ideological issues one might come up with to resist being run under by an (imaginary) government.

While subjects will be different from RS.org, quality and moderation should be not.
This forum should try to match up to the same quality that RS.org has been offering for years. ( We don't need another TOTSE, Bombshell, or any anarchistic BS for that matter )

It should not be affiliated with RS, in any legal, financial, or technical way, so neither forum can have a direct impact on the survival of the other.
There should be no direct ties between them, as they would be two different communities altogether.

I'm currently setting up a test project to provide such a place.
While I'm enough technically skilled to create this forum, it would be very helpful to have a couple of supporters who can think about the basic layout (subforums, design, the rules & faq ...), as well as a few moderators to maintain 'law-and-order' on a daily basis.

The webserver itself was used by me to test and develop various other projects, until a couple months ago. Since I'm not using it anymore and is about to expire in a couple of months anyway, I'm willing to offer it as a temporary test environment for the new forum described above.
Daily forum-db-backups to an off-server location will ensure that nobody really could shut down the community, since a backup could always be used to restore the forum in another location.
The forum software has already been installed and configured and is ready to be used.

I would like to ask the mods first if it would be OK to just post the link to that place in here, since I don't want to step on anybody's toes or seem like some guy who just wants to advertise this OTHER place he created.

(Any ideas, suggestions or support are also welcome via PM or (encrypted) email.)

My PGP Key (http://www.angelfire.com/droid/dominionofcrap/pgp.htm) Key fingerprint: 2ED4 86A5 A62F B84A CCFE 61BF E34E BA78 A213 F80D

nbk2000
April 15th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Don't care if you advertise another board here, as long as it's not an english-language E&W board, or pro-law enforcment.

Silentnite
April 15th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Haha, let's not have a repeat of the crucible incident. Always though, other boards will pop up trying to fill a void thought vacant. And yet, like the formulated impossibility of a yellow sun turning into a black hole, somehow never gain enough mass to evolve into a singularity.

Good luck.