View Full Version : ANFO Explosives without booster, mining purpose ONLY

Jacques
March 18th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Can anyone please help me?
I’m having some big problems with ANFO Explosives we are going to use it for mining purpose ONLY and NOT for terrorist acts!!!, so please admins don’t ban me like the rest did. Like UK Rocketry

The reason I want to talk about ANFO because it’s very much cheaper and safer than other High Explosives for me

-----------------------------------
My fertilizer
6:1:5
N P K

50 % N Nitrogen
12% P Phosphorus
41% K Potassium (Kalium)
-----------------------------------

I crushed it and add +- 7 % Diesel and put it in a container with a homemade cap I used a small bb gun co2 canister and fill it with BP and I used that for the cap, I hope that right.

All this does is make a big bang but I don’t see any damage left done I don’t think the ANFO detonates
So the people say it will give you a 500 square feet hole in the ground
I used +- 150gram fine powder fertilizer

So I don’t even see 1 mm hole

Jacks Complete
March 19th, 2006, 07:41 AM
What are you trying to damage? ANFO is a fairly slow explosive, so if you are using a steel plate, you won't see anything. ANFO is a heaving explosive, it tends to throw things about, which is why it is often used for shifting a tree stump.

Olib
March 19th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Well the reason that its not working is you dont have Ammonium nitrate, Ammonium nitrate is 34%nitrogen

Bert
March 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM
There is plenty of information on ANFO and cap sensitive AN explosives on this site. I suggest you do some searches and a lot of reading before attempting any other experiments.

Jacques
March 19th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Yes I know Bert, but it doesn’t seem to help me because it’s a lot of useless info to me I have 60 webpages already save on my pc it lacks the knowledge the same way I do

I know how to make more caps sensitive but

1. I don’t have for example… nitroglycerin ( or TNT for a booster or Semtex all for a primary charge ) and I don’t want to mess with it because it’s EXTREAMLY dangerous and people and books and the web forums say it detonates then the temperature go up with 3 Celsius more or less (That’s a big risk) and I don’t want to play with to big fires.

2. I want professional help by you a person who works with this stuff everyday and who are professionals in it.

3. I don’t have all that chemicals and suppliers that most of your people have, you all are lucky you can make almost anything you desire.

4. Make nothing something without giving all your cash out for nothing

That “500 square feet hole in the ground” is just what the info told me.

I know 150gram filler won’t even probably make a 10cm pot hole. I’m just telling you what I’ve seen on the web and documents so… - you see it’s mostly all crap

FUTI
March 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I think this is double post...I saw that one already. And he was spanked by someone in the following posts on the basis that he used wrong fertilizer for the ANFO. I don't know is that post still exist, I won't even bother to search for it, but AFAIR it is identical. You wouldn't be banned so often if you tried to read the fu*king rules and use the fu*king search option. You waste peoples time. If I were now on the dial-up...I would feel the urge to show you how to make it and blow you with it into pieces.

festergrump
March 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=5096

First, I think NBK moved it to the Water Cooler from another section (but there's no trail of it, so I am uncertain) but then then went on to tell him to SEARCH, and that newbie posts belong in the WC.

Finally Me234 goes on to explain to him that he would be more than happy to help him if he can first prove his willingness to help himself by researching the answers to a few simple questions. His willingness to help was ignored for the more obvious spoonfeeding or tittie-suckling this guy would prefer to engage in.

He ignores NBK and Me234 and asks his question once again... where? High Explosives section... Uh oh. Better you than me, kiddo...

simply RED
March 20th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I guess he misspelled his nick.
It should be Jack Ass !

tmp
March 20th, 2006, 04:27 PM
He's obviously made something that won't work. His N-P-K sounds more
like manure than a chemical. And he doesn't understand the significance
of N-P-K. I know that large farming operations will pump anydrous NH3
into ground(82.2% nitrogen) but I don't know of any solid fertilzer with a
50% nitrogen content. The highest I've ever seen is urea at 46.6%
followed by AN at 35%. Jacques needs to conduct a lot of research before
he kills himself.

Jacks Complete
March 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Well, I must have missed his first thread on this topic when I allowed this one. D'oh! Well, I guess that wraps that up.