View Full Version : PVC Plans for a sniper rifle???

Woday
March 24th, 2006, 05:09 PM
ok this is a setup for plans i got for a pvc pipe sniper rifle i have not tried this and nor will I for the simple reason pvc explodes under pressure. i just wanted to know what you all thought of it.

Here is the page
http://nerfhaven.com/homemade/boltsniper_far/

lemmie know your opinion

Jacks Complete
March 25th, 2006, 08:14 PM
That looks pretty neat for a fun toy gun. I wouldn't say a "sniper rifle" though!

I wonder if it could be uprated to fire potatoes or something like it, with precut cores?

Chaosmark
March 27th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Jacks Complete: I'm sure that one could use it to fire even whole potatoes, assuming said person upsized it to accomodate the potatoes. Then you simply "sabot" each round in, say, a capped piece of PVC so that it fires correctly and at least semi-accurately.

Not sure that it would be worth the effort, but if you really wanted to...

The pre-cut core idea might have a bit more merit, though I'm sure a spring doesn't pack quite enough power to launch potato cores around. One might consider using some other form of power (CO2 comes to mind). Interesting sport to play though: potato shooting. "How accurate can YOU shoot a potato?"

lowjack
July 8th, 2006, 01:38 AM
what the hell is this thing supposed to be shooting? I see nothing coming out of the business end of the gun is either of those videos provided in the link.

Jacks Complete
July 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
lowjack, it fires the nerf darts out the center of the riders, which you see being ejected when the action is cranked back. You can't see the bullets on most guns, just a flash, and you never see the pellet from an air gun unless you are using uncompressed video and a close-up. The Nerfs just go faster than the crappy compressed frame rate can cope with.

Cobalt.45
July 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Removed due to being redundant

knowledgehungry
July 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
ok this is a setup for plans i got for a pvc pipe sniper rifle i have not tried this and nor will I for the simple reason pvc explodes under pressure.

I sincerely doubt that the spring mechanism used in this "weapon" would provide high enough pressure to rupture the PVC.

teshilo
July 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Idea about complete plastic Sniper rifle very nice,as create this on practice?:cool: :cool: This crossed with idease about disposable telesniper.I read artycles about CIA so called "Glass gun" Complete from ceramics with caseless ammo.Virtually for smooth barrel can used teflone, as bullet ceramic finned darts for accurate,This onl only virtually:cool:

billybobjoe
July 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Well it’s not exactly a potato, but it is a potato cannon.

Linkie:
http://media.putfile.com/outside-shot

It was a 7 gram pellet of flour wrapped in tinfoil, approximately 8 square inches. It was fired from this http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/18015470566.jpg&s=f5 cannon at 50 psig, and my muzzle was 158 inches from the target.

This cannon cost me $23 cdn and about 10-15 min to assemble, including the valve modification. I’m sure in a pinch this would do nicely to a "pig" with a large lead fishing sinker and 180 psig.