View Full Version : Automatic PIR Gas Sprayer (OTC)

nbk2000
March 30th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I saw this device at a pet supply store ($40) and immediately had evil thoughts in mind.

http://www.ssscat.com/shk/scataction.mov

Hmmm...a device that automatically sprays a blast of chemical agent (citronella oil in this case) at anything that moves in its range.

Since the device fits on top of a standard aerosol can, I'm thinking of other things it could be attached to. Imagine a can of CS/OC gas that will automatically spray anyone walking through a door. Modify it so that it locks in the spray position, add a simple remote off/on switch, and you have a chemical sentry to cover your ass from sneaky pork. :p

Or, replace the filling with a lethal agent, and you have a disposable chemical assassin.

Place it outside their door at night (while they're out) and when they get close, it beeps, they look at it, and get zapped right in the kisser with HCN or some other nasty. Bye bye. :)

Clip onto a can of starting fluid, hook up an igniter squib to the buzzer circuit, and you've got automatic flamethrower. Perfect for repelling those pesky zombies!

Chris The Great
April 7th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Such a device would probably lend itself well to modification to be "set off" by other means other than motion, for example a cellphone or timer could be easily hooked up to set it to release it's deadly cargo.

The can, sprayer and for example cellphone could be attached to a magnet from a microwave magnetron, and secured on the inside of a buildings ventilation intake at a time when it is convienent, ie security is low and you have plenty of time.

Then, when the attack needs to be done, several days or weeks later, the number is dialed on a payphone and the agent is released immediately into the entire building immediately, with no need for you to even be in the same country at the time of the attack.
Add some thermite to it if you want it to self destruct one finished.

I would think that a device such as this would be far more reliable than a home built system.

Using it with the motion senser also has many interesting uses. How many times do you find the damn neighbours cats running through your yard? I'm sure some mustard gas would keep them from coming back for the rest of their (now shortened) existance. I'd pay for that thing just to do that.... damn cats...

Such a device could also be used to protect things such as planted bombs from curious people who look to closely, or get the bomb squad guys when they try to disarm it.

nbk2000
April 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Here's a cellphone triggering device.

http://ucables.com/ref/GSM-ALARM

Only $100. :)

It can also be used as an alarm actuator that will call you when activated. The combination seems like a good candidate for securing a storage locker against theives.

I know this is a something I could use, as I had a storage locker broken into last year and they stole only a couple of things before they dropped my pipesafe out of a suitcase they dumped onto the floor.

*Klonk* PIPE BOMB! :eek:

It wasn't locked, and there was $3,000 in it, but they didn't touch it, rather, leaving the door open to flap in the wind. :p

Naturally, the only thing they ended up stealing was the only thing that could never be replaced...my fathers burial flag and the only picture I had left of him which was in it.

So the theft, in monetary terms, was a dismal failure for them, but a priceless loss for me. :(

Now, by combining a battery-powered motion-activated tear gas grenade activator with a cellular SMS alerter, you can not only drive off thieves, but be alerted to the attempt so you can respond ASAP yourself. :)

Cost? Less than $200 for the hardware, plus cellular service fees.

I'd modify the grenades contents by adding Titanium Tetrachloride (if possible) so that, upon dispersal, it not only gases the fuckers with CS/OC, but also provides visual obscuration and the psychological terror effect of a visible 'poison gas' cloud or fire. Or just in-line a pyrotechnic smoke charge with a squib.