View Full Version : Creme Peroxide

Demolition
September 16th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Recently I got ahold of some 12% creme peroxide.Now it isn't a clear liquid like my other 6% peroxide but a creamy,white type of liquid.It contains some funky chemicals to.These include Water,Hydrogen Peroxide,Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Laurly Sulfate,Disodium Phosphate,Phosphoric Acid,Salicylic Acid.
I was just wondering if any of these other chemicals would interfere with the reaction taking place?

------------------
Demolition

BrAiNFeVeR
September 16th, 2001, 07:05 AM
I really don't think they will make for much trouble, besides some filtering problems. And if it is oily the drying time of your AP may increase substantially ...
The only way you can be totally sure, is to try it !

------------------
"Mess with me, and you'll end up with a .44 under your chin and your brains on the ceiling"

kingspaz
September 16th, 2001, 05:43 PM
when you do it make sure you only make a very small amount and do a few sensitivity tests before making a larger batch. also wash it well with the good old bicarb http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

SafetyLast
September 23rd, 2001, 08:48 PM
I have medicated acne cream here that contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide.
It doesn't mention the other contents but I think that it is similar to what you have Demolition, and I will soon try to make AP with it.
I have experimented with an aqueous solution of 15% Carbamide Peroxide (sold at drug stores for cleaning ears) but that was unsuccessful.

------------------
Survival is an act of will power

Tony Montana
October 13th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Did it work? I just got a hold of some of the cream type peroxide, and thinking of using it too.

-------------------
P.S. How you going, have you still got MSN/ Maf??

Demolition
October 14th, 2001, 07:36 AM
No,I haven't tried it yet as I have been meaning to buy some Acetone however within the next week my results should be in.

Tony,I do still have MSN however my name has changed.

------------------
Demolition

SafetyLast
October 14th, 2001, 03:35 PM
I also have not tried it yet, I still have about 300mL left from the quart of 30% H2O2 that I ordered from Pyrotek last year so that keeps me kind of busy.
I will soon get around to experimenting with the creme peroxide however.
I am not sure how to go about doing this.
Would it be easier to make a supersaturated solution of it and then use it like that, or to just mix the creme into the reactants?

[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited October 14, 2001).]

SofaKing
October 18th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Using hair bleach with a bunch of additives is a waste of time. Use 3% or get the good stuff if you can't wait 3 days.

You can't make AP out of those other peroxides. And pure they would be very unstable.

All this has been covered before

------------------
With Knowledge we find Truth - With Truth we find Freedom

Iņaki
November 24th, 2001, 06:07 AM
i have the same compound as you at home, demolition, mine is used for the hair, and it also have 12% peroxide and the rest is a mix of alcohols , phosporic acid and more, and it has a white cream aspect. I think they wouldnt interfere in the reaction but once make it, the impurities can make ap even more sensible than already is. I also would have care adding the acid because it already contains phosporic acid in little proportion and others that may react with sulfuric or hidrocloric.

------------------
"Nowadays this kind of knowledgment implicates power, but careful īcause power makes people ambitious, and the ambition is whatīll make that stable explosive to blow up at an unthinkable moment...!" - me

CodeMason
November 24th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Impurities can be very dangerous for organic peroxides. I think ionic surficants in soap and such may pose a serious problem if left in the final product.

------------------
Visit my website (in development): http://codemason.cjb.net

vulture
November 25th, 2001, 06:11 AM
http://search.be.acros.com/search?server=www.acros.be&search=benzoyl+peroxide&for=acros&sup=acros&pri=BEF&lang=NL&rid=t&stock=t

fowkes.l
June 23rd, 2003, 03:34 AM
hey did anyone ever do that test using cream peroxide to make AP.
Did it work? What were the results. Sensitivity, power etc
IF there is no reply i'll test it and send some results,
anyway if anyone did try it, just reply, thanks

metafractal
June 26th, 2003, 05:42 AM
See that (http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264) thread. As I mentioned there, I lost the peroxide creme and was unable to carry out further tests on that brand...