View Full Version : Feedback Needed

enhzflep
April 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I need your feedback, gentlemen. Have uploaded a small program designed
to take some of the pain out of calculating VDet, OB and other assorted qualities of High Explosives.

It runs under 32 bit windows (win95 onwards) and is absolutely brand-spanking new, straight outta the compiler 45mins ago.

Any feed-back relating to its usefullness, (or lack thereof), errors and general look and feel would be greatly appreciated. With any luck it'll save all of us some time bashing away at the trust old calculator.

Program may be found here:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=5712&pid=64852

Full source code is available.

Hedgie
April 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Works great, tested on Windows XP -SP2 installed.
Some small issues noted:
After clicking 'Notes' the only way to get back to the main window was pressing space, it really needs a button.
The 'about' window isn't sized correctly.

darkdontay
April 30th, 2006, 09:01 AM
susiptibale to buffer overflow, nice icon.
have played with it a little, but was able to crashed with in ten seconds of it loading, you may want to place a buffer limit and a input check so if someone screws up on their formulea input it can see it is looping and opt itself out rather then locking up....

But good work, oh forgot to ask, no love for RS.org in their?

enhzflep
April 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Okay, thank you both very much. So if I understand correctly:

1) Notes screen is too large, and on screen res less than 1024x768 the window runs off the screen, obscuring the Ok button.

2) You don't like the size of the About Box - too small?

3) Error handling whilst reading the formula isn't up to scratch anything other than an uppercase letter, lower case letter or a number results in a crash.

4) RS.org not mentioned in Notes. - Hedgie, Darkdontay and RS.org all to be mentioned in next release.

:o

And last, but should probably be first. Sorry NBK - I should have known better and posted it in this section in the first place.

darkdontay
May 1st, 2006, 06:10 AM
I must mention though I love the small foot print, I assume that their has been no specific optimization, but still very small footprint.

I too am XP[home] SP2, so I can not say more for other systems, I will try it out on my 98[non SE] box tommorow to give you some os range testing.

As far as has been said of the notes screen it is rather large but hey alot of information to show.

Cant wait to see what you add