View Full Version : Can anyone make it stop?

tdog49
May 24th, 2006, 02:12 AM
As my Drill Seargent used to say when we couldn't get anything right....

"Stop the madness private!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5010954.stm

Tougher laws against carrying a knife???? You have to be 18 to purchase a knife???
Good Lord, when will the U.K. wake up and realize how stupid this is???? Whats next? Baseball bats? Sorry, I guess that would be cricket bats. Tire irons? Shovels? Canes? Large sticks? Anything and everything that you could possibly assault someone with...

3 times in the last 100 years Britain has voluntarily disarmed their populace...twice now we (the U.S.) have had to re-arm them in response to WWI and WWII. It is only a matter of time before it happens again......

This is not good. Not good at all.

Chris The Great
May 24th, 2006, 04:49 AM
And some people think that the "crackdown" has yet to come...

This is a clear warning to the members of the forums how far your government will go in such a short time. Heed it well...

simply RED
May 24th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Whats next? Baseball bats? Sorry, I guess that would be cricket bats. Tire irons? Shovels? Canes? Large sticks?

Large plastic dicks. Cause you could stick such in the pig's ass!

sdjsdj
May 24th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Large plastic dicks. Cause you could stick such in the pig's ass!
Haha. ha. ha.
The rate at which western governments are gaining totalitarian powers really is astonishing; I'm sure a trial used to be normal before detention.
This, though, is simply a publicity stunt - after all, the common definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law. As such, I remain skeptical about the chances of many murderers failing to follow the laws on knife ownership. Besides, with a little imagination and work, it's possible to make a passable knife out of almost anything.

tmp
May 24th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Nothing new. Controlling weapons is a means of controlling people.
...Britain has voluntarily disarmed their populace...
There's nothing voluntary about it. It's done with threats of imprisonment.

The United Nations types are the very worst offenders with their aim at global
disarmament of all private gun ownership, led by that bitch Rebecca Peters.
Why should we trust any organization that allows oppressive nations like China,
North Korea, and Iran sit on the Human Rights Council ? That's akin to having
the fox guard the henhouse ! I was glad when the people of Brazil
overwhelmingly defeated a U.N. led, gun-ban/confiscation scheme in their
country. The perfect bitch-slapping for that pack of fucking jackals !

Ropik
May 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
United Kingdom had gone further than government in The Turner Diaries. Not only you cannot own handguns, you cannot own knives(almost)!
For a cheap laugh, skipping rope fits definition of an assault weapon in UK - piece of rope or chain with weight or handle on one or both ends. Enjoy!

Jacks Complete
May 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM
It's not funny. It's just sad.

You can be done for "carriage of an offensive weapon" for carrying pretty much anything. Walking sticks, umbrellas, keys, all have had people prosecuted, usually after they defend themselves from an attack with it.

The police arrest both sides, but the scumbag doesn't care, since he's been done a dozen or more times, and knows full well that as long as he says he was carrying the knife to hand it in under the amnesty, and only used it in self defence, he's safe, and gets bailed in a few hours, and says nothing until the charges are dropped.

The poor sod who defended himself believes he is in the right, so freely admits to hitting the little shit with his briefcase, and so he doesn't wind up with the charges dropped, because he has now confessed! And to him, it is a big deal, he could lose his job, he could even go to jail. He will certainly lose a lot of sleep.

The only up-side is that he didn't get stabbed!

The biggest downside is that his attacker will put in a claim for compensation, since he knows the system.

tmp
May 25th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Jacks Complete, that is really sad ! I didn't know it had gotten that much worse
over there. I think of the Tony Martin case. For those who haven't heard about
it, Tony Martin is a farmer who was prosecuted for using a pump shotgun against
a group of burglars. I don't recall all of the facts but I know that Mr. Martin was
initially sentenced to life in prison for killing at least one of the shits. He was
eventually released but lost everything because of the incident. His farm had been
burglarized several times with little or no action taken by local law enforcement.
Obviously, he'd had enough ! Adding insult to injury, the U.K. government gave
money to the surviving shits to sue Mr. Martin !

One of the things that the U.S. antigunners don't seem to understand is that the
2nd Amendment was ratified in our constitution principally to keep our own
government off our backs ! It's the linchpin to our constitution and essentially
another way to deal with oppressive politicians and the bureaucrats that surround
them.

defiant
July 25th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Is Australia's tradition very different from that of the US?:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed -- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
--James Madison

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
-- George Mason

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On Crimes and Punishment", 1764.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence... From the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable... The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place of honor with all that's good... A free people ought to be armed."
--George Washington, speech of January 7, 1790

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
--Patrick Henry

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William S. Smith, 1787 [in 'Jefferson, On Democracy' (1939), p. 20]

knowledgehungry
July 25th, 2006, 05:07 PM
My teachers in school always taught me that the Second Amendment was meant only to protect the militia's(National Guard's) right to exist:rolleyes:. It is sad when teachers will lie through their teeth to brainwash students into following their agenda.

Ekilo
July 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
That, my friend, is what is going to be this countries greatest downfall. I like to call it a "poison pill". Young adults are very impressionable and will usually take the word of an authority figure, as Gospel. To see what I am trying to say, turn on your local news. At some point the reporters will ask a young adult for their opinion on something of importance. Once you see it, you will know what I mean.

jolly_roger187
August 30th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Whats next? Baseball bats? Sorry, I guess that would be cricket bats. Tire irons? Shovels? Canes? Large sticks? Anything and everything that you could possibly assault someone with...
USE
Tdog, Ive had friends been arrested and convicted of "going equipt" for being in possession of a screwdriver. Last week i was arrested for having a hunting knife under the seat of my vehicle, and also heard stories of someone who was in possession of an offensive weapon, namely- a golf club.
PARAGRAPH
Everything you mention there tdog, would most defiantly have you arrested if you was walking down a British street carrying such an item.
Self defense is another issue, and another post, but quite frankly..... we do not have a RIGHT to self defense!
BREAKS
Freedom of speech is about your lot here, but only if you have something nice to say, as section 5 public order act's will have you arrested or swearing!!

c.Tech
October 6th, 2006, 06:15 AM
No that will happen in less time, by 2 years time they will cut off our dicks so you cant rape little kids, assuming that everyone who disagrees is one of them, just like the terrorist situations.

Corona
October 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1474158.ece

This is how it starts.... Imagine how docile and pathetic a boy will become when he is made to pee like a girl.

First feminize the mental process. THEN taking away the knives and guns will be easier.

Marmaloon
October 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM
You're going to see more of it in Canada, at least, this is how they're trying to completely outlaw pepper spray as a means of defence. So what the Career Police people are trying to do is take away your charter rights to self defence in an unconstitutional fashion. So far, the Liberal Party has gone along whole heartedly with such proposals. Here is the proposal about pepper spray (actually dog repellent and bear spray)

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/compliance-conformite/bulletins/public_agents/bulletin8_e.asp

In Squinty Mcguinty's Fasicst Ontario Republic, (Provincial Liberal), there has been a law in effect since the very early 1990's. In essence, if you want ammunition, and purchase it from an Ontario retailer, you have to give your address and PAL #(equivalent to an FFL) to Beavis behind the counter. Beavis sometimes takes your PAL and takes it out of your sight and photocopies it, 'at the request of the police'. Only then are you allowed to get your ammo. The little shit usually has to carry it from the sports counter (If you're at Cambodian Tire), like you're some shoplifter to the checkout. This record of your Address and purchase and PAL is jotted down in a PAPER register. Later, Beavis walks over to the photocopier and provides the copy to Rollo, his Gangbanga friend for a tidy profit. Then, some asshole breaks into your apartment or Home and steals your pistol to do(?) with it. Then, when you call the friendly neighbourhood Peel regional, Durham regional, or OPP detatchment to report it, you are usually charged for improper storage of a firearm, even if it's in accordance with Canadian law that way. It remains to be seen whether the Conservatives will truly follow through on their promises to be done with the long gun registry, and reverse about 150 "orders in council" from the firearms legislation. What went on there was the Liberals had a premonition before the last federal election, and went on a frenzy.

5_seven
October 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
The disarming of citizens is stupid, because the people that use firearms for illegal reasons don't buy the weapons legally. There's a thing called the black market, you use it to buy things you don't want the 'law' to know about, expecially guns. The people that buy guns in shops are most likely buying them for hunting, target shooting, home defense, or all three. Only an idiot would use a legally purchased firearm to commit a crime (though there are plenty of those, and through their stupidity, will easily be caught)

Just found out it's illegal in some areas for civillians (non police/military) to posses bullet resistant body armor, and illegal to wear it in public. That's just stupid.

Cobalt.45
October 7th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Your points are the reason for those who can, to acquire and safeguard those "tools" that one feels might be outlawed at some future date.

I'm willing to bet there's more than a few English/ Australian/ Canadian folks who've done just that, before it was too late. At least I hope so.

And all the more reason to be thankful for this forum. Enjoy it while we still can...

simply RED
October 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
This should reach a critical point any soon.

And saying of better: It was not better during the wars of Napoleon, it was not better durnig the civil war in Russia. It was neither better during the inquisition in Spain. There are pissed off times in history - we just happen to live in one such.

But they still can not teach us to pee like girls!

nbk2000
October 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Don't bother trying to stop the inevitable decline.

Rather, prepare for it, ingrain the ideals of self-reliance into your progeny, and stockpile against the coming dark ages.

While reading the story link posted by corona, I saw this headline:

"Animal bordellos draw Norwegians" (http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1458080.ece)

Guess there isn't much else to do there in winter, eh? :D

In a related story:

"Former cop busted in pig pen" (http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article608096.ece)

So that's how future cops are made. ;)

Gerbil
October 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Stockpiling chemicals and equipment, sadly, costs more money than most people really have to spare. Or at least the sort of people who are likely to be stockpiling chemicals ;) .

Even in a world of Orwellian dystopia, surely there would still be some way of obtaining supplies? There are some things that society really needs, like ammonium nitrate fertiliser. And government control couldn't monitor it's use 24 hours of the day.

Of course, detonating the AN would be a whole new problem of its own.

Guns, again...I honestly can't see the situation in the UK getting much tighter than it is at the moment, apart from perhaps more firearm restrictions. But there would still be ammunition available for the resourceful, surely? And homemade firearms are perfectly feasable.

I don't have a firearms license, but I do have contacts with access to certain things...and if the UK begins to slip further, they'll be getting a call.

Oh, nice story about the pigs, NBK :D . They should have just kept him in there...

simply RED
October 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Only things with very potential use in near future should be stockpiled.

Remember the cold war, where both sides stockpiled "useless" stuff and both sides lost at the end!

Nihilist
October 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I don't see the rationale behind this kind of law..I mean, gun control, though I disagree with it, I can comprehend. But knives? They can't be outlawing kitchen knives, which are basically just as effective killing tools as any other knife, because that would be completely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that all you really need is a pointy object. A ball point pen or a fucking tree branch would work just as well as a knife to mug/kill/attack someone with.

In the case of guns, the rationale is a little bit more obvious because making a home-made gun is not trivial...but this just doesn't even make sense. It's pure politics, and it won't make anyone any safer. If anything, it'll make them less so because while the criminal will have their prepared weapon of choice, the average citizen will have nothing.