View Full Version : Guanidine Nitrate - C(NH2)3NO3 - Sensitizer Issues

Bullzeye
May 26th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Good evening, gentlemen. First and foremost, let me say that as a long time visitor and first time poster, I am truly thrilled to be here amongst like-minded individuals as knowledgeable as yourselves. I look forward to a long and fruitful posting tenure, and I'll do my utmost to not disappoint. Please also accept my apology for posting a thread prior to responding to a post, but this issue has been galling me for some time, and C(NH2)3NO3 does not seem to be a hot-button issue amongst posters (unless it is regarding methods of converting it to nitroguanidine, which is not the intent).

In any case, this post regards the attempts of someone I know to sensitize a large windfall supply of Guanidine Nitrate for possible use in replacing KClO3 in a KClO3 /sugar/ascorbic acid mixture in napalm (simple frugality being the primary motivation).

From this person's searches and experience, suitable sensitizing agents seem to vary widely from compound to compound, i.e- the FO in ANFO, or the Vaseline commonly ascribed to the Chlorate family, but generally correllate directly to the compound's overall stability.

Seeing as how raw C(NH2)3NO3 is listed as an actual explosive on Megalomania's website (unlike raw KClO3), this person thought it wise to play it safe and inquire as to whether anyone had any personal experiences to share regarding the peculiar vagaries of sensitization prior to dabbling.

And again, thank you all.

nbk2000
May 26th, 2006, 07:25 PM
...in a KClO3 /sugar/ascorbic acid mixture in napalm...

Sounds rather k3wL'ish to me.

Bullzeye
May 26th, 2006, 08:44 PM
All appearances to the contrary, oh terrifying one, it actually works rather well. It is essentially "Golden Powder", but napalm based.

I picked it up in this this (http://roguesci.org/theforum/pyrotechnics/2447-soap-styrofoam-archive-file.html)thread from ALENGOSVIG1. The only trick was finding ascorbic that was pure enough; too many retailers feel a need to cut it for whatever reason.