View Full Version : Dexiglue review

deadman
June 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM
The dexiglue solution is claimed to be invented by a Forumite called THErAPIST on his website www.experi-mental.org. I have no knowledge of anyone else giving a worthy claim. Tutorial page:http://experi-mental.org/d.php?p=dexiglue

On the dexiglue tutorial page it says the amounts aren't critical. I will use the suggested formula of 50% hot water, 30% glue, and 20% dextrin. When mixed it looks close to a clear honey. A small paintbrush should make applying it very easy.

I will be posting its effectiveness in making tubes for salutes shortly.

deadman
June 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I made a few small salutes with tubes rolled with dexiglue. It worked rather well. It didn't make the tubes as bend-resistent as I had hoped, but the white glue was a cheap off brand that had small lumps in it anyway.

The report was a chest-thumping, sharp bang. I was standing approximitley 10 feet away from the salute. I was overall pleased.

The only suggestions I have are instead of using a tall round jar like they did, I would use a short elongated glad bowl or something to that shape. A fork works much better to mix everything together than a stirring rod.