View Full Version : Introduction and Book Offering

oxbeast
June 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I figured for my first posting I would introduce myself and offer something of value to the forum.

I’m an ex armourer working as an industrial electronics engineer. As such my interests are in the fields of gunsmithing and electronic devices.

As a show of thanks for the interesting literature I have found on the forum, here is a PDF version of “Hatcher’s Notebook” one of the classic books in the field of ballistics.

Rapidshare Link (http://rapidshare.de/files/23143276/HNoteb.rar.html)

Password: roguesci

I apologise in advance for the size of the thing. It’s 73.7 Mb large.
I didn’t scan it myself but obtained it some years back from a hard drive I was salvaging.

A search on the forum didn’t turn it up anywhere previously, so I hope it will be of use.

Bert
June 16th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I'd been thinking about picking up a hard copy.

darkdontay
June 21st, 2006, 09:35 AM
good way to start off. Posting something of value to the fourm, and searching before hand. Thanks, nice book

Sausagemit
June 24th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks, I have been looking for a soft copy of this book for quite a while as my hard copy is falling apart and smells kinda funny. I think a friend spilled something on it and didn't tell me.

And you should check out my "Engineers Library" torrents over at the roguesci torrent site as I believe you will find something usefull in there. Now those are some large files, 9.15GB total!!!

ozboy
June 26th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Thought I would say thanks too.

Bugger
June 27th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Dear Sausagemit: Thanks for uploading two very large archives of your "Engineers Library" on the Torrent system totaling 9.15 Gb; but, being over 4 Gb each, the complete archives cannot be stored (beyond 4 Gb each) on hard drives formatted with the FAT32 file system, which can store only files up to 4 Gb each. This is rather inconvenient for those running operating systems, such as Windows Me or 98, which can access only FAT32 partitions and cannot access drive partitions having other file systems such as NTFS. It is therefore somewhat unfortunate that your collection was not divided into 3 archives of about 3.05 Gb each.

Sausagemit
July 2nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
But they are not one file, they are a whole bunch of files under one directory. They are not in a .rar/.zip/.tar.gz. So I don't see where this should be a problem for people running FAT32 or even FAT16.

++++++

Use I, not i.

Oh, and proper capitalization of abbreviations, like FAT32, not fat32.

NBK