View Full Version : Hello -- New to the Forum

Knoxville
June 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
I have been looking for a forum like this for about a year now. There is SUCH a vast amount of information here, I don't even know where to begin. Are there any veterans out there that wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction? A friend of mine has mastered the flash powder. He has set off up to 1000g at once. He was asked to eradicate a beaver dam problem and flash powder was the solution. It worked wonders!

Now that same friend has become interested in plastic explosives. What is a relatively easy beginner combination to research. That same friend has also been interested in Ammonianitrate + diesel, but that will easily be searched for. Any advice would be appreciated. The explosives are always used safely and discretely as possible. Thanks!

NO self-signing of posts!

NO introductions saying "Hi, I'm a n00b here!", as if we can't see your Join Date and post count in every post you make and tell that for ourselves. :rolleyes: )

At least you put together a coherent post in the right section...your saving grace for the moment.

Follow the advice others have given you and you'll last.

Bert
June 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
First piece of advice: Read the "unwritten rules, written down" above- http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/water-cooler/2774-newbies-forums-unwritten-rules-written-down.html

Then stop signing your posts.

Then do a lot of reading, as in UTFSE. What you ask for is here, but you will not be spoon fed it. Ask specific questions after you have learned some of the background to your interests. If you're not smart enough to dig out that info on your own, you're not likely smart enough to survive experiments with energetic materials.

Keep your posts to the water cooler until you either have an experiment to report on or at least can ask a question directly to a point.

Lastly, your friend... Is known as "someone who is not me" around here, AKA SWIM.

Jacks Complete
June 23rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome!

I kind of like your first post style. Please do read the "Unwritten rules", and be sure to take a look at the "BFL" section, to see why so many who come here leave so fast. You seem fairly smart, so take note of the mistakes that NBK feeds upon.

Knoxville
June 24th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I have started reading the unwritten rules and have found the search button as well. I can probably spend a few days reading before I'll post anything else. I'll learn the ways of this website and I will be a respected member one day, but that is way way down the road.

Bert
June 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM
You can read and write intelligible English. You're off to an excellent start-