View Full Version : Idiot

Sausagemit
July 10th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Homemade firecracker hurts three

A 29-year-old man injured himself and his two daughters after he detonated a homemade firecracker on Arapahoe Avenue at 11:34 p.m., Police Chief Rich Adriaens said.

Matthew Demott allegedly packed black powder into a steel pipe to try and make his own Fourth of July firecracker, Adriaens said. Demott then used a cinder block to prop the pipe up.

When Demott ignited the home-made firecracker, the cinder block disintegrated and showered pieces on the 29-year-old and his two daughters, Adriaens said. The pieces also damaged siding and a window on the family's home.

Demott, his 9-year-old daughter, Javoni, and his 6-year-old daughter, Ashlay, received cuts, scrapes and bruises on their arms, legs and backs.

- By The News-Record staff

As quoted from http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/articles/2006/07/05/news/news06.txt

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Jack2k2
July 10th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Wow, that is unfortunate how dumb some people are.

It probably would have worked had he used some threaded pipes and used a real cap.

Anyways though, doing something this dumb shouldn't cause injurys since most people would take caution by backing the Hell away from an idiot home made device as such, but I guess that is why he is an idiot.

c.Tech
July 10th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Ill say that goes further than idiocy, that guy is a fucking moron.

How many ordinary people know what shrapnel is? I would say more than 75%.

This guy was 25 which should make him older and less ignorant than a teenage k3wl.

Also in America I’m guessing people are more educated, because of the 4th of July celebrations, and how much more of they have an interest in pyrotechnics.

How big would have the steal pipe have to be to disintegrate a cinder block causing pieces to fly? He must have made a big cracker.

Even if he didn’t think it’s too dangerous shouldn’t he have moved his daughters further away just incase? I know I would have.

Now all these factors plus probably more which I haven’t thought of should be enough to deter people from putting themselves in a dangerous possibility deadly situation.

We all make mistakes, every one of us, but this goes beyond joke.

Stupid people like this get me really angry. This is one of the reasons that fireworks are banned in all states and territories in Australia, apart from the ACT.

Docca
July 10th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I will put myself in timeout for a couple of weeks and return hopefully without the stupidity

Well, at least you returned without the stupidity - I'd call this a good post.

Stupid people like this get me really angry. This is one of the reasons that fireworks are banned in all states and territories apart from the ACT

Bingo, all the fun stuff gets banned due to what ought to qualify as "natural selection", i.e. too stupid to breed...

Bert
July 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
This gentleman should be talking to the BATFE shortly. I have little sympathy towards him, using metal in a device then shooting it in a residential neighborhood in front of children qualifies him for a stay at the crowbar hotel in my book.

Dank$taVegas
July 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM
A homemade firecracker...?

Now I'm no explosives of bomb expert, but wouldn't one classify a pipe stuffed with black powder as a "Pipe Bomb"? :rolleyes:

Lucky the little kids didn't get seriously hurt, it's stupid people like that; that give the rest of the people (who use professionalism & common sense) & explosives a bad name. You would think a 29 year old father would have been a little smarter in his choice of entertainment for his two young daughters. :mad:

qualifies him for a stay at the crowbar hotel in my book.
I agree, Maybe the stay there will give him some time to think about; the danger he put his daughters in. I think, he'd rather stay behind bars than go home to his wife the mother of the two girls ;)

Gerbil
July 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Fool. "Firecracker" seems to be a bit of an understatement?
Having said that, I wouldn't trust him anywhere near flash powder- hopefully this might serve as a lesson. But given the utter stupidity of setting off a metal-cased device next to his own children, perhaps it's a pity he wasn't just removed from the gene pool outright.

Sausagemit
July 10th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Now I'm no explosives of bomb expert, but wouldn't one classify a pipe stuffed with black powder as a "Pipe Bomb"? :rolleyes:

^I shure as hell would.^

There are all sorts of dumb people up in Gillette Wy though. Stupid behavior is a pretty common occurance up there. A while ago a dumbass was seeing how fast he could go in reverse in his truck on a dirt road with his pregnent wife sitting next to him. He ended up rolling his truck, killing his wife and unborn child. He is now spending a fair amount of time in the state pen.

I guess that's what you get with poor education, high paying jobs that do not require an education, and stupid people perpetuating the stupidity by having 10 kids because they know that a couple of them will die because of stupidity. There like rabbits.

Now, I'm not saying that stupid people have stupid kids. It just pains me when I hear about some idiot injuring or killing his kids and wonder why he/she even had kids when there not going to raise them properly and put them in harms way.

knowledgehungry
July 10th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Now I'm no explosives of bomb expert, but wouldn't one classify a pipe stuffed with black powder as a "Pipe Bomb"?

Any other day than the 4th of July. On the 4th of July everything is a "firecracker", including 250 gram APAN charges ;).

Gerbil
July 11th, 2006, 07:57 AM
having 10 kids because they know that a couple of them will die because of stupidity

Well, in this life there are intelligent people, and those who are not quite so gifted. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bottlebomb.html is probably the latter.

Pb1
July 15th, 2006, 02:12 AM
I guess that's what you get with poor education, high paying jobs that do not require an education, and stupid people perpetuating the stupidity by having 10 kids because they know that a couple of them will die because of stupidity. There like rabbits.

High paying jobs? I thought stupid people usually had McJobs that payed shit. These people get their money from high-interest credit cards and banks that give out too many loans. Not by earning it.

Yep, like rabbits. I wish the world weren't filled with these idiots.

c.Tech
July 15th, 2006, 03:21 AM
This thread reminds me of a show called world’s dumbest criminals, which I saw at least 4 years ago. I still remember some of the stupid crimes people committed.

1 - Some guy was going to burn down a house, it was soaked in petrol.

When he went inside to light it he just walked out again, then in and out.

Finally he asked the police if he could get his matches that he left in his truck.

One of the officers said yes and when he was half way there they tackled and arrested him. :D how stupid.

2 - A guy wanted to break into a bank at night (why bother trying, the security being that tight would have lots of cameras, alarms and keep the money locked up in a strong safe.)

Back to the point. He picked up a big cinder block threw it at the ‘special’ windows when it just bounced back and hit him in the head.

3 - This drug dealer, so fucked up on drugs, walked up to a police car trying to sell them some. They declined but didn’t want to arrest him.

He grabbed onto their car refusing to let go until they brought drugs from him.

When they couldn’t get him off they turned on their sirens and drove him all the way to the cop shop without him having a clue he was being arrested.

4 - This wasn’t on the show but the news or one of those media shows (today tonight, A currant affair).

It was about 2 guys who robbed a security camera store. I think they were caught on 8 or 13 cameras and I don’t remember them wearing balaclavas.

5 - This last one I herd on a radio station.

Someone tried to smuggle heroine in from Cambodia which he wrapped in condoms (nothing new) then he put them inside pickled fish.

How stupid can they get? He should have found out what foods they would ban from importing, pickled fish is an obvious.

If anybody else has some criminal stories like this I think we would all like to hear from them.

Exerd
July 15th, 2006, 04:27 AM
"C'mon kids, gather closely round daddy's new giant pipe firecracker and let's celebrate!"

But honestly, who in the hell wants to stand anywhere near a steel pipe filled with gun powder? I thought TV had these people covered for the most part...I guess not. It's sad that the kids had to be under the supervision of such idiotic mentality.

Sausagemit
July 15th, 2006, 04:55 AM
High paying jobs? I thought stupid people usually had McJobs that payed shit. These people get their money from high-interest credit cards and banks that give out too many loans. Not by earning it.

Acctually Wyoming happens to be one of those states where your education is not perportional to your income. I know people who didn't even graduate high school and are making over 100k a year.

I acctually had the pleasure of working on a workover oil rig (http://www.globalfab.com/images/gallery/showcase_large_3.jpg) for a summer job a while ago. The only test you had to pass to get a job was a drug test. Now granted, if your stupid enough to almost loose your hand a couple of times you will get fired.

On the subject of dumb criminals. I was reading the local paper a while ago and a stupid hippie girl called the cops and reported that somebody stole over a pound of marajuana out of her house while she was sleeping.

I can't remeber where I heard this one, but this guy showed up at the pig shack and tried to report that a hooker that he was having sex with swiped his cocane and took off before the job was done. And he acctually expected the cops to track down and arrest the hooker because he wanted to press charges.

c.Tech
July 15th, 2006, 05:45 AM
There is one I forgot to add. Its more funny than stupid

2 coke head robbers broke into a house. They found a vase with charlie on the front. Charlie being a street name for cocaine they decided to have a couple on lines.

Later they found out after being caught and arrested that Charlie was actually the ashes of a cremated pet dog.

There are also a number of sites I found on google.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/dumb.htm
I don’t know how many of them are true but I can single a few out.

My favorite: Colorado Springs: A guy walked into a little corner store with a shotgun and demanded all the cash from the cash drawer. After the cashier put the cash in a bag, the robber saw a bottle of scotch that he wanted behind the counter on the shelf. He told the cashier to put it in the bag as well, but he refused and said "Because I don't believe you are over 21." The robber said he was, but the clerk still refused to give it to him because he didn't believe him. At this point the robber took his drivers license out of his wallet and gave it to the clerk. The clerk looked it over, and agreed that the man was in fact over 21 and he put the scotch in the bag. The robber then ran from the store with his loot. The cashier promptly called the police and gave the name and address of the robber that he got off the license. They arrested the robber two hours later.
I remember seeing this on ‘worlds dumbest criminals’ which I just found. Unfortunately it isn’t as long, I remember him yelling open the fucking door at least 5 times. http://www.alldumb.com/item/16265/
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about44781.html
http://jokes4u.mycybernet.ca/dumb01.htm
http://shopping.msn.com/prices/shp/?itemId=2437704
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Dumbest_Criminals
http://www.humorhell.com/display-media.php?id=301
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/172935/brad_pitt_a_criminal/

EDIT: http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/water-cooler/3616-idiot-month.html