View Full Version : Home Made Flamethrower

Ur darkAngel
July 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well I was looking back and getting rid of some old web links and found this one and it seemed perfect for anyone who was crazy enough to want to build there own Flamethrower, hope the links of great use for you guys:
http://carpetmonster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fj.htm

Have fun and send me pics if you end up making one

Lewis
July 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I suppose it's mildly entertaining, but not exactly the most technical endevour out there.

I'm sure anyone with half a brain can create a flamethrower. Now, a completley backfire safe one would be an accomplishment.

Red Beret
July 11th, 2006, 10:28 PM
There is a commercial flamethrower available in Australia called the dragons breath flamethrower. It is a "wand" that attaches to most backpack pressure spray units (the ones for weed spraying). All you do is unscrew the handle and trigger unit from your sprayer and put the dragons breath on. It uses 50/50 Deisel and kerosene. Apparently it fires a flame 5-6 metres, but I dont know if that is horizontal, or if the stream hits the ground at that point. It is flash back proof and costs around $200 au.

I am thinking of getting one, but, I think a home made job could be just as good, if not better. Using a weed sprayer is quite easy and effective, the only tricky part is the nozzle and flash back arrestor.

One thing I have been looking at is the pressurised trigger spray bottles you get from coles. About $10 I think, holds a couple of litres, and should spray ten plus feet. I will try one with the 50/50 kerosene and deisel, with a bit of sponge stuffed in the tube somewhere to prevent flashback.

Sausagemit
July 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Flasback is not possible in an entirely liquid filled hose. But if you ran too low on liquid and some air got sucked into the hose, say goodbye to your skin.

So i'm pretty shure all you would need is a HD float valve and an indicator (just incase so you could check to see if the float valve is working properly) so it would shut off when the fuel got below a certain level. And a proper purge system so you can check it for leaks and air in the system.

nbk2000
July 14th, 2006, 09:59 AM
The site is gone. Try again some other time. :rolleyes:

Dank$taVegas
July 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
You didn't miss much NBK2000, just a glorified water gun, with a ignition source to light the fuel.
I don't know how safe I'd feel with that thing that was on that page strapped to my back.

c.Tech
July 15th, 2006, 01:29 AM
I backed it up to a word document when I saw it.

Before I zip it and upload it I would like to know if there is any personal information lurking in the files (zip or word) and how to remove it.

Could it have saved my IP somewhere when I copied it from the site?

Could my user account name be hidden anywhere on the file?

nbk2000
July 16th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Could it have saved my IP somewhere when I copied it from the site?

No.

Could my user account name be hidden anywhere on the file?

If by 'user name', you mean the name of the windows log-in, then yes. If you mean the user name of your ISP account, then no.

Either way, you simply rename the file extension from .DOC to .TXT, open it in notepad or word, and look for anything like your name and manually remove it. Save it and rename it to .DOC again, and it's sterile. :)

c.Tech
July 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Thank’s NBK, that info will help me a lot in the future. :)

Luckily I couldn’t find anything. The pigs can’t feed now.

Here’s the file as I promised.

shady mutha
July 17th, 2006, 03:29 AM
I made a very low tech one from a old fire extinguisher once. The refillable type that has a car valve for adding the compressed air. Just fill with fuel go down to the servo and put the air in . The old styrofoam / fuel mix works well also. Works good and dead easy to make. Sprays out all the fuel in about 10 seconds. My prefered method is to spray all fuel over the target then throw a molly to ignite.

nbk2000
July 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Now that I see what the file was, I see that's it a copy of a post I made last month:

http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/76464-post163.html

End topic, end user.