View Full Version : Any experience with Derringers

AZDesertRat
July 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with the derringers refered to by NBK. They are available in kit form and you simply finish the side plates. I have looked on the net and have found plenty of pictures:( but no solid leads to their source. :mad:

festergrump
July 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I got a catalog (hand-printed, smalltime brochure, really) some time ago from a company with many different models which all seemed interesting. Most were based on one particular design. There's no URL for the company listed in my web searches but you might call or mail them for a catalog if they're still around...

Et Cetera, LLC.
P.O.Box 929
Copperhill, TN 37317

1 (800) 642-1600

I just uploaded the assembly instructions:

http://rapidshare.de/files/26228044/Derringer_Assembly_Instructions.pdf.html

AZDesertRat
July 19th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I tried getting in touch with Et Cetera, but no such luck. However the link you posted just might be helpful in reverse engeneering (sp) the derringer.

Thanks for helping out a newbie:)

festergrump
July 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I just got off the phone with the owner of Et Cetera (I need a new catalog, too!) and he seems like a really nice guy.
It's definitely a 'mom -n- pop' type operation so you might have to wait on the phone a little while if he's busy with another customer.

Anyway, I now have a couple of new numbers besides the tollfree number I posted before since that one didn't work for you:

Customer Service line: 1 (423) 496-9050
FAX line: 1 (423) 496-2111

The kits are pretty cheap in price so would be a much better deal than trying to build one from scratch, IMO.

I was considering getting the side by side black powder .44 derringer (comes completed, no FFL required) and seeing how easy it could be converted to fire underpowered .44 spl rounds. Seems like it might be do-able. If not, it'd still make a good snake gun in original configuration if loaded powder/wad/shot/wad...

AZDesertRat
July 19th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the update

italiano002
October 4th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I haven't built a deringer, but I have fired them a whole lot, and if you want acuracy, deringers are hard to be very acurate.

lucky13
October 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM
As 5_seven said, they are most definitely not meant for accuracy. If you want accuracy from a small gun, there are other options.

The advantage of derringers are a time proven design that is very concealable and can be purchased in very large calibers for their diminutive size.