View Full Version : Torritos!!!

Bert
July 31st, 2006, 03:26 PM
This is what it's like in a culture where being burned at the fireworks is a badge of honor, not an excuse to call a lawyer.

http://revver.com/video/40862/19518/?__session_just_started__=1

Not that I'd like to be burned, of course. I have to think a LOT of cerveza and tequilla go into this celebration.

nbk2000
July 31st, 2006, 10:32 PM
What kind of firework is the one flying like little random rockets around spraying out the sparks?

Bert
July 31st, 2006, 11:02 PM
I think they're "serpents"- Small rocket engines without any stabilization. It looks like they added Titanium to the fuel, those guys dancing in the streets had some nice burns-

nbk2000
August 2nd, 2006, 05:09 AM
I've seen this before and remembered it when I saw that video.

http://www.skylighter.com/mall/ignition.asp

The 'flying fish' fuse...wouldn't that be able to have the same effect, if only on a smaller scale?

I'm thinking of numerous videos I've seen of a mob surrounding a car and attacking the occupant, and the mexican festival where there's a shitload of flying rockets making everyone cover their heads....hmmm. :)

Take a 2" length of flying fish fuse, dust it with CS, wrap it in a 3" length of kraft paper, and prime. Repeat a hundred times and make a magazine for 'em to fire from.

Does that sound feasible, Bert?

Now, if you should happen to be surrounded by a mud mob in Compton, you hit the fire button and watch the niggers dance as a hundred buzzing rockets surround them in a cloud of bright sparks and tear gas. :p

This outta give you enough time to either hit the gas or break out the guns.

Bert
August 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Flying gish fuse isn't very impressive in daytime. I'm not sure how much of a CS load you could impregnate it with- Also you might need something with a bit more duration.

Quick question: who would go to jail first if Compton's finest saw such an event? The car owner or the mob?

An acquaintance who did security work in South Aftica told me that people there rig propane flame throwers shooting out from under there cars on all sides. When a mob of carjackers or whoever surrounds your car, you push the button and they have to move back far enough to give you room to accelerate- This is considered normal there. That's one of the reasons he left.

nbk2000
August 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Obviously the car owner, because:

A) The mob will be composed of a gang of muds in their own 'hood, and no cop is going to try arresting a mob of muds on his own.

B) The owner of the car will be a white guy, meaning no Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to raise a stink, thus 'safe' to arrest.

but I prefer:

C) To be judged by 12 than carried by 6. ;)

CS has an intolerable concentration of 10 mg/m3. If each fish rocket has 100mg of CS dusted on it (1/5th of an aspirin tablet), and 80% of that is dispersed, that's 8 cubic meter per fish that'll be gassed with CS. Multiply by 100x fish. :)

And nothing is to prevent you from making the casings from niter-impregnated paper, with CS/CN/or DM dusted on the paper prior to rolling. After firing, the cases are scattered about by the rocket-like effect of the buring fish fuse, with the smouldering cases scattered all around the vehicle, releasing their irritating smoke. :)

True, during the day the spark effect will be minimal, but there's also the shock effect of being in the middle of a swarm of rocketss, hitting you and screeching in your ear.

It's not the kind of thing that the porch-monkeys are exposed to everyday.

c.Tech
August 5th, 2006, 07:09 AM
That looks like the funest thing anybody could do, I’m definitely going to go to that festival within the next 7 years. :D

As NBK said in the 'lucid dreaming' thread that my statement had Darwin Award candidate written all over it, and his probably right… in a way.

But if we cant let ourselves go wild once in a while how would we enjoy life, there would be no thrills. What’s the point of living if you don’t enjoy life?

Most of the stuff I do isn’t as dangerous as many make it would out to be, because I take the necessary precautions I avoid death and greatly reduce that chance to near none. It’s mostly the stupid k3wLs who get themselves killed eg. Jumping into one of those bulls giving the festival a bad name.

The same goes for drugs, some people overdose, die, get addicted except if they are used in moderation and a safe way they ‘can’ be near harmless.

Who else, apart from me would be willing to dance in this festival?

megalomania
August 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
What are you doing in compton without your guns already locked and loaded? You might as well load those rockets with white P (White Power! err phosphorus :) ) to really cause a commotion.