View Full Version : The conversion of model/toy guns.

rollinground
August 13th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
I have read several articles about how in japan quite commonly the PFC model guns are converted.

I can see in theory how it could work in a metal revolver that was say .38, I think you could make a metal model into a .22 by using steel inserts in the chambers to accomadate a .22 round, you would probbaly also need to make rimfire breech block that could then fit inside the insert.

Have a look at lothar walther or any other "barrel inserts".

The model/toy guns I am talking about can be found here if you would like to have a look.

www.modelguns.co.uk

Now in theory the metal inserts in the chamber should be able to take most of the pressure on its own.

The barrel of the model could be drilled out if needed and a barrel sleeve inserted.

I dont know how they did do it but im guessing its along those lines.

I have no idea if what I have described would work.

I was wondering if one could adapt a "heavyweight abs and zinc" derringer type, yeah all the parts are much to weak on their own but what if you used a barrel sleeve, and used the steel inserts/adapters to turn it into .22 do you think it would be able to withstand the pressure?

The insert is the breachblock and firing pin which the pot metal hammer would hit, so if the inserts could withstand the pressure would this work? And a reinforced barrel sleeve or even a barrel that could fit? In my head in theory it would work, as the pressure created would be held within the inserts and the new barrel.

I dont know much about pressures etc and I'm learning so I might be completely wrong, I was wondering what you guys think, could it work in theory or much more likely to just blow up?

+++++++

Notice the text in bold? Do you understand why it is the way it is NOW and not the way it was when you first posted it?

Understanding brings life. Ignorance brings death.

NBK