View Full Version : Synthetic Cocaine

Nitrophuric Aci
August 17th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I have a good deal of respect for roguesci. But there are many out there who are kewls and call themselves chemists in light of the fact that they have probably read alot of explosive articles an experimented a few times and now call themselves pro's. To those true chemists (if any still around) perhaps you can formulate a substance very similar to cocaine using simple over the counter items or proceedures. Since cocaine manufacture is nearly impossible in the states and requires a great deal of effort (i believe cultivation of crops is at least 6 months) a true chemist could idealy come up with a synthetic product that numbs the mouth and speeds you up. Anyone up for the challenge? Or is this simply just explosives "experts" posing as chemists

megalomania
August 17th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Would there be any domestic organizations with large amounts of cash and a vested interest in producing synthetic cocaine? Any gang banger with even half a brain that would rather invest in legitimate business opportunities rather than bling bling…

Are there are organizations outside of the US that would hunt you down and kill you if you interrupted their countries major export, and their personal source of vast wealth? Ahh, there is some guy names Carlos at the door for you, looks Columbian, mean disposition…

As this is not a drug forum, this is not the crowd for that. The laboratory synthesis of cocaine is absolutely possible, like many other naturally occurring pharmaceuticals, but that does not mean it is easy. There may yet be many viable synthetic alternatives making cocaine synthesis an economically viable procedure, but don’t expect the procedure to appear in the journal “Synthesis” anytime soon.

Nor would I expect and drug dealers who have figured it out to spread their procedure onto the streets. Business is business.

As I am not familiar with the synthesis of cocaine, I would direct you to the library first and foremost. Hit the journal stacks, the patent database, and a few pharmaceutical databases to see if anyone has published a glimmer of info. It is more likely you would have to do a retrosynthetical analysis with current synthetic techniques. The pieces of the chemical puzzle may be there, but no one may be willing to put them together for cocaine.

A true chemist would not bother wasting his time doing your homework for you so that you can get high, or get rich trying. :) I would say try www.synthetikal.com but they always appear to be having troubles. Oh I miss The Hive.

Cobalt.45
August 17th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Although the phenylisopropylamine substructure is an integral part of most known stimulants, the well known and much abused stimulant, cocaine, does not share this structural feature. The cocaine molecule instead compares more closely to the structure of atropine. The synthesis of cocaine has recently been revisited by Casale and many of the procedural techniques are explained in sufficient detail so that any competent organic chemist can now make the C-3 equatorial cocaines (Casale 1987); however, it is still a tedious and demanding synthesis, and in my opinion will only be encountered on rare occasions in clandestine laboratories. The particular pharmacological behavior of cocaine is unquestionably due in major part to the stereochemistry of the molecule as determined by the fused bicyclic tropane ring system (Clarke et al. 1973). Given the present difficulties associated with the synthesis of the tropanes and the ready availability of the natural product, it is unlikely that a synthetic CsA of this compound will appear in the near future. However, it is the case that certain modifications of natural cocaine can result in products having substantially greater potencies than cocaine. The compounds 2-carbomethoxy-3-(4-fluorophenyl)tropane and 2-carbomethoxy-3-phenylnortropane are both some 60 times more potent than cocaine (Clarke et al. 1973). These compounds could well be of interest to some clandestine chemists as taking one kilogram or cocaine and converting it into a product some sixty times more potent would obviously be quite cost effective.

Kinda like gold from seawater. Can be done, sure. But profit margin? Unless you were able to synth the aforementioned "Superdope", there's no money in it.

As the manufacturers' cost of organic dope is pennies per pound, they could beat you down in a price war. But most likely, they would either kill you or drop a dime on you. Either way has a shitty outcome.

Instead, why don't you perfect a simple "holy grail" organic peroxide synth or the like?

chemdude1999
August 17th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Try this out. Good Luck.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=12948

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Willst%C3%A4tter

Of course it has been done before.

I agree with Cobalt.45. Let us stick to explosives and the like. There are plenty of drug sites.

Chris The Great
August 18th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Better to look at fentanyls IMO. They're starting to pop up with greater frequency, and are nearly 1000 times stronger than herion, so you can make 10g and have the equivalent of 10kg smack.

Best to not get involved in a big city, far to risky, lots of gangs. I doubt you'd get "noticed" by crime lords by selling on a "small" scale, I mean you don't see coke dealers shooting meth dealers for taking their market. Nor would your 10kg herion substitute make a blip on a market that brings in metric tons of it every year.

Meawoppl
August 27th, 2006, 04:16 PM
You want to get in on an unutilized market . . . modafinil check that out.

"wakefullnes promoting, memory enhancing, mood brightening psycostimulant" The perfect school drug. . . I would love living a 40 hour awake 8 asleep schedual, they did it for fighter pilots. Also you have to worry less about crackdown on it, its not physically addictive, and people on it behave fairly normally. Shit i could hold a full time job synthesize myself more modafinil and go to school in 40 hours of uptime. Also you dont have to worry so much about cutting into other drug rings. They might sell less meth, but at the same time, meth is rarely associated with large cartels etc.

e-mail/pm me if you are interested in figuring that out, this forum is not for drug related stuff anyway.

nbk2000
August 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Private communications regarding the synthesis of controlled substances = Criminal Conspiracy.

Public discussion regarding the synthesis of controlled substances = Constitutionally protected Freedom of Speech.

Your choice.

Also, you're not going to be able to go on two days up, 8 hours down, for long before inevitably wearing down. The mind evolved to the wake/sleep cycle its at for a reason.

FUTI
August 28th, 2006, 04:38 AM
NBK has it right Meawoppl. Always try to stick to normal living/working condition/status. Russians have practice to expose their pilots to higher G forces regularly...that reduce their effective work span (due to damage to physical fittness) for 30% down IIRC.

I'm aware that US DoD experiment with mind altering substances to increase combat readiness etc. But I wait that project to fail to laugh about it.

Synthetic cocaine? Why on earth would anyone try something stupid as that...natural supllies are already MORE than abundant. By yourself a ticket to Columbia instead.

nbk2000
August 28th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Natural coke can be interdicated along a long supply chain.

Synthetic coke made indigenously wouldn't need to be transported, but then becomes subject to precursor restrictions.

Only if a truely OTC process was developed for one of the fluorocaine analogs, would it then be worth the effort. Until then...fly to Colombia. :)

megalomania
August 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Modafinil only enables 40 hours of wakefulness twice, with 6 hours of sleep in between, before requiring you to make up the balance of the lost sleep. Modafinil is best used to sustain wakefulness during those times when you may be fatigued. This may include math lectures, study times, long driving trips, and all nighters. The drug is intended to help you maintain alertness while still getting a full nights rest. If you do not sleep, your immune system will not function. Many people are unable to maintain alertness even after a full nights sleep, or have sleeping difficulties that may make them tired at critical moments. Modafinil is not a stimulant, and there are conflicting studies that it actually enhances memory or mood in healthy adult men.