View Full Version : Washing Ap with..

Victim
July 4th, 2001, 11:33 PM
I use De-Ironised water for my Iron,(the stuff u iron what u wear with) and was wondering if this would be better to wash AP with? And just exactly is de-ironised water? Is it water thats been through some sort of electosis (don't know much about electrosis) (sp?)

------------------
"Death, The End Of Hope, The Friend Of The Friendless..."

Ezikiel
July 4th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Why bother urself with all that .... I simply use a saturated solution of NaHCO3 (sodium bicarbonate in tap water)it works great, better than anything else. De ionised water according to me is distilled water with no ions in it.

------------------
"Go out in a BLAZE OF GLORY"

PYREX
July 5th, 2001, 03:18 PM
De-ionizing is just an alternative for distilling. It needs much less energy (the water has not to be boiled) and the product is chemically equal to distilled water.

BUT: I am seriously recommending you to neutralize it with some base (like Ezikiel said). Even after you have washed it with liters of water it is still acidic!

[This message has been edited by PYREX (edited July 05, 2001).]

Anthony
July 5th, 2001, 07:12 PM
I agree, de-ionised water is expensive and IMO not needed.

simply RED
July 14th, 2001, 08:11 PM
I always use normal water to wash AP. I've made 2 kilos of AP till now and had no problem with it.

mr.evil
July 24th, 2001, 12:18 PM
i always use destillated water, i'v read somewhere that normal water leaves a thin chalk lage.

but the first time when i made AP i used also regular water.

sorry if my englisch is ot very well, i live in england but i come from the netherlands from the south.

Anthony
July 24th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Most tap water is alkaline (it could be acidic if it runs over lots of organic matter before being piped to your house) so any residue left behind after the water evapourates are going to be alkali salts which would actually help stabilise your AP, by neutralizing residue acid.

Anyone have acidic tap water? I think water companies buffer the water, making it alkaline if it's acidic, but I'm not sure.

Hard water also helps prevent heart disease!

[This message has been edited by Anthony (edited July 24, 2001).]

John456
July 25th, 2001, 02:12 PM
My water is slightly acidic because it runs from a well and not from a city pipeline. Probably because it runs over rocks/dirt etc on the way to the well.

Anthony
July 25th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Most rocks make water alkaline as they are alkaline salts. Organic matter, particulary decomposing matter tends to make water acidic, peat is particulary good at it.

Fingerless
September 2nd, 2001, 05:20 PM
If you live in an area with lots of coniferous trees or granite, and many volcanic rocks, your water may be acidic. I just use soft water out of the bathroom-we have a soft water system so that the sink and shower get soft water and the rest of the water is hard....Anyone have this? Its not expensive.

Anthony
September 2nd, 2001, 08:53 PM
Water softening systems are a daft idea, it makes the water taste crap and you get less of the minerals and trace elements you need.

Why do you *need* soft water to wash with?

BrAiNFeVeR
September 3rd, 2001, 04:25 PM
It makes your clothes nice soft and comfi, because otherwise the chalk attaches itself to the fibres, and messes up your washing-machine !!!
Didn't you see all the commercials ???

------------------
"Mess with me, and you'll end up with a .44 under your chin and your brains on the ceiling"

Anthony
September 3rd, 2001, 06:58 PM
Yeah I see water softening tablets that you add to your washing machine that prevents it dying young. But a years supply of tablets costs more than the fucking machine...