View Full Version : Terrorist training manual

Nihilist
August 31st, 2006, 08:09 PM
I was watching a documentary on, I think it was the History channel, a few days ago and they mentioned that Bin Laden & associates compiled a 10,000 page "terrorist training manual" for their new recruits to read. Now, since these guys are the real deal, their information has to be effective in the actual real world. Where the "anarchists cookbook" and all those other kewl books are a total waste, i'd think something like this would have some genuinely useful shit in it.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has access to it, or if we as a forum could find some way to obtain it(If I were the terrorists, i'd want it to be as easily accessible as possible, since they have to assume the CIA/FBI have already read it, hell the CIA probably wrote most of it for them during the 60's). I think it'd be a very interesting thing to browse through. Of course - if something like that were hosted here...we'd run the risk of being pretty directly associated with real terrorism/terrorists, so I guess that's a call that mega/nbk would have to make. But I think it's a subject worth exploring further.

EDIT: Before anyone gives me shit about not googling, i'm not talking about the "terorrist handbook" and other 100 page kewl-cookbooks of that variety.

EDIT2: This appears to be a real, though smaller, version. It was apparently released by the DOJ:

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/aqmanual.pdf

EDIT3: Sorry for all the edits, but i'm adding new information as I find it. According to this site:

http://www.thetulsan.com/manual.html

As well as a few others, the larger one is 7,000 pages long, is titled "The Encyclopedia of Afghan Jihad", and is "only available to high-level CIA operatives". So we either need to get the CIA or the terrorists to leak it to the 'net =p.

nbk2000
September 1st, 2006, 06:27 AM
Supposedly the 'real' manual is just a bunch of stuff taken from online k3wL recipes and old loompanics books, along with some other k3wL-type shit.

Seems even the jihadi's can't tell the difference between BS and the real-deal.

Now, everything I said in the first sentence is subject to possible CIA disinformation, so who knows? Maybe the jihadi's manual would make us all weep for joy at the breadth and depth of tomeic knowledge it imparts to any who possess it. Like a Necronomicon of EW. :)

Given how dismal their track record has been since 9/11 (and I still think that was done by the US government itself), I'd say the book doesn't exist outside of urban legend.

megalomania
September 1st, 2006, 09:54 AM
The great tome of arab info is neither great, nor all that much arab. Indeed there are many pages, and indeed those pages cover many aspects of improvised explosives, weapons, and military matters, but most of the information is English material translated into raghead scribbles (aka arabic).

The material is one step above being a crapbook written by kewls. I say one step above because the content is actually written by people with a passion for their work. They have a divine mission to kill the infidel (that’s us), and so they have a motive to produce something capable of accomplishing that task.

Unfortunately the material is still crapbook caliber because it is written by amateurs and laymen drawing largely from publicly available material and other crapbooks.

If the books were written in English they would be superior to any crapbook in existence, but they would still fall short of the standards of The Forum.

anonymous411
September 1st, 2006, 08:38 PM
"Only available to high-level CIA operatives"? Bullshit. Somebody forwarded me a translation of the unedited version as an analyst at a DoD think tank in 2002. I might still have a .pdf in my work archives, but it was so worthless I may not have bothered to save it.

In sum: what a huge letdown! I didn't learn a damn thing, and found it to be inferior even by crapbook standards. You could learn more at TOTSE, much less here. It's no exaggeration to say dozens of people on this forum could write a better one. As if that weren't bad enough, it was shot through with a bunch of rambling religious verbiage. But then, what do you expect from people who have no respect for science.

Though it would surprise me if this was the best they had, I don't think the entire project was a product of CIA disinformation. If it were, you'd be likely to see slight modifications slipped into complex formulas that would render them lethal to the person making them. Come to think of it, getting your enemies to blow themselves up doesn't sound half bad.

SQRLS
September 5th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Though it would surprise me if this was the best they had,

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me. Just look at any real information on the ragheads. They go around killing thousands of themselves while only very rarely actually killing us.

Whitey
September 12th, 2006, 03:53 AM
It's not that hard to find terrorist training manuals. That's easy they do their best to make them availible if you look for them in the right places. The problem is that they are all in Arabic.

Alexires
September 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, even if they were in English, it would be impossible to wade through all the religious bullshit.

Lets face it guys, as much as it hurts, the ragheads have better encryption than us.

Who the fuck is going to translate all their squiggle and religious muttering into a decent fucking language *wink*?

megalomania
September 13th, 2006, 02:54 AM
It may interest some to know I recently found an Arabic translation of my webpage on making acetone peroxide included in some raghead material. The graphics didn’t work, and I could not read the text, but I recognized the format of the page as mine. A little digging and it turned out to be my AP procedure.

They say imitation is the best form of flattery…

The thing is, they added to it. There are some illustrations and extra text. Must be prayers and compliments for President Bush, eh?

c.Tech
September 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
If they can’t write their own information lots of their stuff would have to be taken from crapbooks like the anarchists crapbook.

It's things like this that caused the iDefence incident "Oh please, take RS down their supporting terrorists, think of our children, RS is putting us all at risk".

Is there any way we can get them to take it off? ...Probably not if they only speak raghead.

Tom Campbell
September 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'd start with the CIA Black Book. It used to be available from Desert Publications in AZ. Interestingly enough, it has the Ramsi Youssaf Bojinka device in it. Another document which may still be in print is the Cuban Training manual circulated to the Angolans in the 60's and 70's and widely copied particularly for its esoteric timing systems.

Cheers,
TC.

megalomania
September 13th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Much of the rest of the information from the raghead source are US Army training manuals translated into rag squiggle. There is some Russian stuff from what I can tell from the pics, as well as some translated crapbook material. Basicially it looks like they took a broad cross section of publically available material and distilled it down into one large collection, with translation into squiggle.

mrtnira
September 22nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Tom, can you provide the title of the Cuban training manual?

I'm a historian by training, and an archivist-collector. Getting an actual title for the document would help me track it down.

Thanks for your help.

IronMongrel
September 27th, 2006, 12:36 AM
I think you guys are missing the point here, ok so the rag heads have a scrap book of techniques they have compiled. Thats as long as it isnt a plant in the first place, something maybe to given a tangible face to their terrorist intent.

They have something far more interesting/exciting (to young muslims) than that. They have a vast battle front that stretches from Chechnya, down through the Caucasus, into Iran Iraq and on into Afghanistan and Kashmir.

They dont need manuals, they have instructors, they have vast areas to hide in or locate training camps, they have lots of experience, they can trial and error things.

They may lack the expert chemists, but they have alot of space to experiment in.

They are definitly in control on most of this ground, with islands of occupation manned by coalition troops posing a significant but not overwhelming threat.

If I was a young muslim I'd be very attracted to this, something to talk about to your dull mates in Bradford.

FUTI
September 27th, 2006, 02:06 PM
They have something far more interesting/exciting (to young muslims) than that. They have a vast battle front that stretches from Chechnya, down through the Caucasus, into Iran Iraq and on into Afghanistan and Kashmir.

They dont need manuals, they have instructors, they have vast areas to hide in or locate training camps, they have lots of experience, they can trial and error things.

If I was a young muslim I'd be very attracted to this, something to talk about to your dull mates in Bradford.

True. Have always in mind that they finance their job through illegal activity such as drugs&fun. Their chain of supply is then streched almost to your home and very efficient.

I bump on some article that was recently some arrest in Europe where police of two countries colaborated in capturing a group of Palestinian (I think) alleged terrorists whom had a plan to set a bomb in jewish part of Praha. They were in some Scandinavian country and money for the group had supply an Albanian "drug lord". Well the "Vikings" didn't like the idea and call the Poland police so they can lock them. So the area of their action is spreading.

akinrog
September 27th, 2006, 08:35 PM
True. Have always in mind that they finance their job through illegal activity such as drugs&fun. Their chain of supply is then streched almost to your home and very efficient.

While some of them (at least Afghan Talibans) finance their activities through dealing drugs or growing drug raw materials (i.e. poppy), majority of money comes from rich theocratic Arab countries under the nose of US.

For example, culprits of two major bombings (suicide truck bombings) which took place in my country, killing about 500 people, just before beginning of Iraq operation, confessed that they received $ 50,000 for the job from a contact located in an oil rich theocratic Arab country. However, in order to not make an international scandal, the issue was sweeped under the rug. :mad: :mad:

I bump on some article that was recently some arrest in Europe where police of two countries colaborated in capturing a group of Palestinian (I think) alleged terrorists whom had a plan to set a bomb in jewish part of Praha. They were in some Scandinavian country and money for the group had supply an Albanian "drug lord". Well the "Vikings" didn't like the idea and call the Poland police so they can lock them. So the area of their action is spreading.

Actually, one must not confuse Palestinian terrorists with regular Abdullah bin Fundamentalist. While Palestinians are generally targeting Judaists, Abdullah bin Fundamentalist choses the entire world for its battlefield. Regards.

FUTI
September 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Akinrog I thanks for correct information about incident. As you can see from the text of mine post I wasn't sure about those info I read in that article, because today it seems that anyone who can write find itself capable to be a journalist.:( What I write in the post is what the article said - if the journalist made a grave error, so did I following its stupidity. I'm aware that Palestinians mostly cause problems in Israel, but there were few exeptions, enough to make that blatant journalist error plausible. Fact that very few of us engage deeply into study of islam fundamentalism to the point that it can make a distinction between this or that group is bad as it makes things more complicated. Understanding of the adversary is one of the key point of battle.

The fact that America influenced by its Jewesh population created the problem of Israel and Palestine is simply an excuse for todays fanatical islam fundamentalist. UK was proposing a different location for setlment of European Jews that wanted to emigrate from Europe (due to painfull memories to WW2) I think, but was overruled by USA. On the other hand considering the fact that UK diplomacy created Iraq - Kuwait problem, I gather an impresion that USA and UK should try to back off a little from the East as their diplomacy create more damage then profit. They simply don't comprehend their culture enough to be able to make a positive effort.

And Arabs domestic exploitators are using the old tactics for calming up the growing malcontent of the masses by "secretly" (but infact so that everyone know) funding the "holy cause" IMHO. The percent of their income they use for that purpose isn't large...but boy what an income they have. I stated a drugs&fun bussines not only as a way of funding the operations but also as logistic point. Who can smugle the prohibited items (like weapon) then drug&people smuglers? And don't forget that all three-letter-agencies of the world as we know it use the same channels and funding (like CiA in the South-East fun&games). It really strikes me "deeply" to find how CiA is suprised when it discover that some of their former allies/employees and now enemy of the state si deeply implicated in drug production/distribution.

IronMongrel
September 28th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Have always in mind that they finance their job through illegal activity such as drugs&fun. Their chain of supply is then streched almost to your home and very efficient.

Broadly speaking i agree with this, the heroin trade in the UK is controlled mostly from Pakistan, by British born Pakistanis, these people arnt just wealthy middle men, they are intimatly conected with the varous groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan that are producing opiates.

The trade is quite vast, evidenced by the vast armys of junkies wandering the streets of Britain. We are talking vast sums of money just from the one drug. They also produce high grade hashish too.

Much of this same Afghani heroin is also dumped on the continental European market, though much of this trade is controlled at the retail end by Kurds to finance their ongoing war with the Iraqis/Turks/Iranians.

In the end though 99% of heroin in europe comes from Afghanistan/Pakistan.

As evidence i would cite the Kurds, i doubt very much that they get financed by rich Arabs, since they arnt Arabs and their fight is with other muslims not with us.

Despite this the Kurds not only manage to raise enough money to equip their small army, they have been running satellite tv stations out of London for years.

All this was happening long before the Kurds had an autonamous zone in the north of Iraq.

Columbian and Bolivian paramilitarys conected with drug lords arent financed by rich Arabs either, and yet they dont lack hardware.

So all i can say is:

Support your local jihad, become a junkie!:rolleyes:

FUTI
October 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM
This topic seems to strayed a little and I'm one of the culprits. In order to bring topic back on track I want to ask a simple question. All media and government agencies are going mad and running around pointing fingers around naming names (and we are one of the named too).

Do you think that with the WWW existence anyone can stop information dispersal/proliferation (you name it as you wish) on any subject including E&W?

WWW predecesor is designed as military project to prevent information be destroyed in the event of nuclear WW3. Therefore we can expect that information once entered in the realm of WWW stay there indefinitely long. Since WWW is doing what it is buit for it seems that instead finding a way to resolve real problem (if it is posible and terrorist group that causes a problem isn't some fanatical dooms day religious madhouse) which supose to be a job of diplomacy, politicians involved in business are looking for someone to blame for their blunder.

It seems so conveniant that truth and science get in a way...every politicians dream is to crush those pesky little question asking boring guys who happens to interfere with their orgies/drinking/robbing tax payers etc. Information isn't enough to do the job. I know a lot of thing about chemistry, but I can't execute every reaction I can write on a piece of paper (yeah, sure, just wait a little so I can digg up my home made 300Celsius 120atm homemade 300l reactor and will call you in the morning).

It is important for scientist have the information but having the means, oportunity and motivation is what is the pushed aside by media on purpose if you ask me. What they are trying to do reminds me on a burning (one of the numerous pilage) of library of Alexandria. When asked what they should do with the library some Muslim leader (I forgot which one sorry) responded - if in those book is written what is said in Koran we don't need them since we have Koran, if not then those book are heretic and should be burned - so burn them anyway. Side info despite this bigest burning of Alexandrian library is done by christians as I remember...I say this only to prevent yet another we christian are good them muslim bad follow up post.

nbk2000
October 3rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
Considering how the internet was built by the American Military-Industrial complex for its use, and how most of the worlds internet traffic flows through US backbones, I'd say it's pretty possible for the US government to disrupt most, if not all, internet traffic for the world, shutting it down.

And also remember, that for every age of enlightenment, there is a dark age of ignorance.

We've had our enlightenment quota filled already, thank you very much.