View Full Version : Cash, weapons, explosives seized in raid

megalomania
September 2nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
By TERRI SANGINITI, The News Journal
August 30, 2006

A drug investigation lead to a morning raid today on a Bear home that yielded $25,000 in cash and 17 gallons of ammonium nitrate, a key ingredient in making explosives.

County police arrested Robert A. Nepi, 34, and his 31-year-old wife Golden Angel, both of the first block of Gogh Circle in the Westover development.

Each was charged with attempt to manufacture an explosive device, possession of a destructive weapon, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Robert Nepi was also charged with two counts of possession of a firearm by a person prohibited, while Golden Nepi was wanted by the state police on a forgery-related offense, according to County police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro.

Navarro said county detectives and members of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms executed a warrant at the couple’s home at 7:00 a.m. following a two-week drug investigation.

Authorities seized a small amount of marijuana, a handgun, two crossbows, 17 gallons of ammonium nitrate, high grade peroxide and more than $25,000 in cash.

Navarro said the ammonium nitrate and high grade peroxide can be a very powerful explosive when mixed together.

Nepi was arrested in May, 2004 and later convicted of drug possession, according to court records.

Nepi completed the terms of his probation on Dec. 19.

No bail information was immediately available.

megalomania
September 2nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Notice, if you will, that only a “small amount” of weed was found. Perhaps they had a few joints in the sock drawer? Also notice the complete lack of context in which the ammonium nitrate and peroxide were discovered. That AN wouldn’t happen to have been found in their garden shed right next to the grass seed and fertilizer spreader would it? I suppose it is too much of a stretch to see if they had the peroxide by the swimming pool?

Perhaps I am growing mentally impaired in my old age, but can ammonium nitrate and hydrogen peroxide be mixed to make an explosive? This is the first I am hearing of this dangerous terrorist weapon! Hmm, technically that is “high grade” peroxide, not hydrogen peroxide as one would assume. Since we are dealing with the government here “high grade” could be anything. It could be 6% hair gel for all I know.

Kids, marijuana is a gateway drug. It can lead to naming your love child something stupid like Golden Angel, and building nasty terrorist weapons of mass destruction (and bongs).

Chris The Great
September 2nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
There is one mixture that uses a emulsion of oil, peroxide and a bit of soap mixed with ammonium nitrate. But they're really pushing "mixed together". But it seems whenever "bomb making materials" are mentioned it's always mixing them together no matter what they are.

I'd suggest that they did deal with some durgs judging by the cash though, most people don't have that kind of cash lying around normally. I say most, there are of course exceptions.

GibbsFreeEnergy
September 2nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Well I believe it's futile to try to dispute the fact that these people were, in fact, terrorists. It's obvious that anyone dealing with something as evil and downright anti-American as marijuana is one who is pro-terrorist and anti-family. I'm pretty sure the fact that they had marijuana in their house helped play nicely into getting society to believe these people were using the chemicals in their possession for terrorist activities.

:rolleyes:

hypergolic reaction
September 2nd, 2006, 10:48 PM
I am thinking they were dealing with drugs and after the police found that they just grabbed more and more crap to try pin on them.

17 Gallons of ammonium nitrate... :rolleyes: LOL.

nbk2000
September 3rd, 2006, 12:12 AM
Ammonium Nitrate and peroxide are both used in hydroponic growing systems, so if they were growing weed (in the past, or planning to in the future), that's something they'd likely have.

SQRLS
September 5th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Yes I do believe weed is a gateway drug that does indeed lead to unmeasurable amounts of stupid humor.

I think what we have here is a small-time dealer trying to go big-time but getting sloppy. And it doesn't help that they had the police going all gung-ho and accusing them of being terrorist. Think just a two week investigation and they stumbled upon a bunker full of WMD's.

Glad it wasn't my dealer.