View Full Version : Ebook reader

sbovisjb1
September 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I have been searching the internet for an ebook reader on the cheap. Sony is releasing a reader later this year, but PopSci has speculated that its price range would be between 400-600 dollars. A few sites that i have looked on have been www.Dhgate.com, www.chinavasion.com and www.sz-wholesale.com and have found mp4 players, but they were either over priced, screen too small or not enough memory (looking for 5-10gigs). This technology, may not have been sufficently developed, but I would appreciate any help.

megalomania
September 14th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Do you mean a hardware book reader? You might as well get a laptop for what these cost. The technology has not matured as fast as was promised, like most things with computer technology. It will be many years yet before a lightweight electronic device to read books with a high res display is cheap enough to be worth it.

sbovisjb1
September 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Thank you very much for the spelling corrections *blush* I forgot the 'A' as I see it the purchase wont be worth it just yet, maybe a year down the road, but not now. Thankyou for the help and best of luck.