View Full Version : Shooting in Dawson College (Montreal)

syfilius
September 14th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Yesterday, most of us in Montreal was in shock. A stupid guy has gone in one of our college and beginning shooting people. Media say that after that he tried to commit suicide. But there a lot of confusion, other say he was shot down by police officer.

Again, politic will again try to remove gun from our hand because of this inciddent.

The last news as a know is 20 people in hospital for psychologcal shock, 4 heavily injured and 2 dead, includind the moron. The media talk about his site were his claim that he will commit suicide and put down as many people he can in the same time.

What do you think of those people commiting violent act like this.

Sausagemit
September 15th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Just another idiot trying to get people to notice him.

If I was going to commit suicide I would do it in a public place without taking any inocent people with me. And I would do it in such a horribly grotesqe manner that they will never forget.

What I would do is (this is a friends idea not mine) tie a rope around my feet. Wrap a piano wire that is shorter than the rope around my neck. Tie both of them off to a building or brigde. Glue my hand to my head and jump. So you have a headless guy hanging by his feet and is holding on to his head with one hand.

Deathlord
September 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM
That event just gave more ammo to the anti-gun nazis. When will they learn that we should be controlling crazy people and criminals, not guns. This is depressing and a great loss.

ShadowMyGeekSpace
September 15th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Google cache of his page on "VampireFreaks":
http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:Pa4WdORZYBMJ:www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php%3Fuser%3Dfatality666+Kimveer&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=2

His "Journal":
http://vampirefreaks.com/journal.php?pg=2&u=fatality666

nbk2000
September 15th, 2006, 07:46 AM
What do you want to bet that in the last month or so, some anti-gun law was proposed and didn't get enough votes to pass?

What's the probability of this law now being passed because it'd have 'prevented' this VERY EXACT crime?

I don't know if it works this way in Canada, but this is the pattern in the US. I'd not be surprised if it was the same in Canuckistan.

Anyways...time for a critical dissection of his attack for tactical errors that future shooters could avoid.

ShadowMyGeekSpace
September 15th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Well, his kill count was pretty low for hitting so many people... maybe if he just learned how to properly aim his weapon before going on a spree...

syfilius
September 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Now, I have the correct fact, this guy, Kimveer Gill, member of vampireFreak.com, has kill one person and injuried 19 other before killing himself by blowing his brain out. What an arsenal he had, there was a Semi-automatique Berreta riffle, model CX-4 Storm, a Glock 45, a 9mm gun (unknow), and a chiness haunting Riffle Navingo, model HP-9, 456 mm and around 1000 ammunition

A CX-4 Storm, before buying a gun like that, this guy has pass trough the most severe barrier in the world. say an armorer of Montreal.

This weapon is highly restricted in Canada. That the proof that Harper is right: We don't need to register firearms because nothing can stop someone to commit a crime.

Actually, the news say that he had three weapon, but is say:"(...)a semi-automatic riffle, brand Berreta, model CX-4 Storm,a pistol caliber 45 of brand Glock, 9mm(...).

Look like this journalist don't even know by witch side the bullet will go out. What she was triyng to say, a Glock 45 that can shot 9mm ???

ShadowMyGeekSpace
September 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I suggest correcting your grammar and spelling ASAP, because I can't understand what you just said. That means NBK is sure to be coming for you.

Lewis
September 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Sausage, the suicide idea has comedic value, but you'd need a hell of a superglue. How would it hold when subjected to enough force to rip a head off?

Sausagemit
September 16th, 2006, 12:06 AM
That's what the piano wire around the neck is for!! Zip off the head with a high tension wire.

c.Tech
September 16th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Sausagemit, I love your idea. :)

Is it possible to weigh the strength of the piano string against the strength of your spine so the wire wouldn’t snap?

w22shadow
September 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Gill... describes himself as Indian... (Source (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060914/gill_profile_060914/20060914/)) Yet another example of the success of multiculturalism. :rolleyes:

He could have done with a much better weapon. Is it difficult to acquire large-caliber semiautomatic rifles in Canada?

Hirudinea
September 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
What do you think of those people commiting violent act like this.

I think people like that should be burnt to death in a pool of racing fuel in a public square!

What do you want to bet that in the last month or so, some anti-gun law was proposed and didn't get enough votes to pass?

What's the probability of this law now being passed because it'd have 'prevented' this VERY EXACT crime?

I don't know if it works this way in Canada, but this is the pattern in the US. I'd not be surprised if it was the same in Canuckistan.

That knid of tack isn't necessary in Canada, 3 of the 4 Federal political parties would be more than happy to outlaw anything that remotely looks like a gun (point your finger and say Bang-Bang and its off to jail!) and when they get back into office eventually they will bring this debalce back up as another reason to make their prejudices into law.

This weapon is highly restricted in Canada. That the proof that Harper is right: We don't need to register firearms because nothing can stop someone to commit a crime.

True, but making laws that LOOK like they're effective is so much easier that laws that ARE effective.

suggest correcting your grammar and spelling ASAP, because I can't understand what you just said. That means NBK is sure to be coming for you.

From his terrible spelling and grammar I'ed assume that syfilius is French, so you can cut him some slack unless your French is better that his English in which case I'm sure he'ed be willing to switch. (As for my terrible spelling and grammar I have no one to blame but the Canadian Educational System.)

That event just gave more ammo to the anti-gun nazis. When will they learn that we should be controlling crazy people and criminals, not guns. This is depressing and a great loss.

But its so much easier to make laws punishing people who actually obey the law.

syfilius
September 16th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Ya, you're right and wrong in the same time Hirudinea. I'm not French, but French is my native language. In fact I hate French guy with their stupid accent that even someone who speaking French don't understand. Anyway, NBK, I hnow that is this site is not an English course site, but, I will be more than happy to anyone who will show me my errors instead than just telling me that I have a poor English.

And yeah, w22shadow, i'ts hard to get large caliber Semiautomatic weapon in Canada. In fact, you have to pass two license to acquire them. First, the normal PAAF (Permis d'Acquisition d'Arme à Feu - don't know how it's called in English), end then another for Restricted Firearms and it's delicate. They will ask to fill up about 3 pages of question about everything they can imagine, and you have to answer it. They ask question about drug consommation, criminal infraction, family history of firearms possesion, social service needs, and three other people must sign those papers. So yeah, it's difficult to obtain Restricted Firearms.

P.S. to Hirudinea: Check your history one more time, it's not Einstein who invented the lighbulb, but Thomas Edison.

ShadowMyGeekSpace
September 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM
My mistake, the grammar screamed "child", not foreigner to me. Please accept my appologies.

Docca
September 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Anyway, NBK, I hnow that is this site is not an English course site, but, I will be more than happy to anyone who will show me my errors instead than just telling me that I have a poor English.

A. Ok, here's the short (hopefully) constructive criticism of your English - You might want to work on your understanding of (English) plurals and spelling. That said, I understand you and you're almost certainly doing better at English than I would at French...

Hirudinea
September 17th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Ya, you're right and wrong in the same time Hirudinea. I'm not French, but French is my native language.

Sorry, I should have said "Syfilius speaks French."

fact I hate French guy with their stupid accent that even someone who speaking French don't understand.

The joys of Joual. :rolleyes:

Permis d'Acquisition d'Arme à Feu - don't know how it's called in English

Firearms Aquisition Certificate

P.S. to Hirudinea: Check your history one more time, it's not Einstein who invented the lighbulb, but Thomas Edison.

Actually its a quote from Homer Simpson that I jokingly use to show the level of my general scientific knowledge.

syfilius
September 18th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Ok, I have read myself, and I can only say one thing, disgusting. Maybe I should slow down a little bit when typping message, re-read myself and make attention to my stupid dislexia problem. I mix F with V and G with C. And the most important, check for error when correcting message.

Sausagemit
September 18th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Ok, I have read my first post, and I can say only one thing, disgusting. Maybe I should slow down a little bit when typping messages, re-read my posts and pay attention to my stupid dislexia problem. I mixed F with V and G with C. And the most important thing, check for errors when correcting messages.

Mabye that will help a little :D

I could understand you just fine, I just had to read your posts a little slower. Just as long as you don't absolutely butcher the english language (which you are not) and work on your plurals a little bit you will do just fine.

Is it possible to weigh the strength of the piano string against the strength of your spine so the wire wouldn’t snap?

Yes it is.

Mabye we should start hanging around suicidal kewls and give them ideas like this. So when the do decide to go down in a haze of glory, they will only take themselves.

It will definatly seperate out the fakers wanting attention from the real people who want to kill themselves.

Jacks Complete
September 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM
It just shows that the laws dragged in after the last shooting didn't make the blindest bit of a difference. They never do. Didn't in the UK, either, in fact they made it worse, the number of killings with guns has gone up by 300% here. Just like it went up last time they tightened the law, and the time before that...