View Full Version : plastic explosive???

Coldiron
September 19th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Hello, I have heard that by mixing motor oil, gasoline, and styrofoam, and melting it that it is detonateable by electricity? Is this true? Would it work to set off AP, or will AP set off with out a blasting cap? I need to blow some stumps out of the ground and acetone peroxide is the easiest thing to make for me. Is there any thing I should watch out for, need to know before I go and make some??

I have never made any explosives, but I have used some, if not extensively. I have also heard of mixing Vasoline and potasium nitrate. What are the things to look out for with this one? Any directions?

megalomania
September 19th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry, Dave, but the information you have received is patently false. The mixture of gasoline, motor oil, and Styrofoam you have described is not an explosive. That particular mixture is a form of improvised napalm. It is not capable of detonating with blasting caps, and I strongly doubt it would detonate under any exotic condition. This mixture will burn slow and smokey when spread out on something, and not very well at that.

If I may make a suggestion, and I can since I run the damn place, please feel free to browse our many years worth of Forum threads where you will find reams of quality information to assist you. Making and using explosives is not a task to be undertaken lightly, and it is further complicated by the lack of practical information due to stigmatization of our brand of knowledge by the media, the government, and the ignorant sheeple who fear whatever they are told to fear. It does not help matters any that there are also ignorant fools who seek to use explosives in harmful and destructive purposes, which only perpetuates the strong handed Gestapo tactics of the government.

Using explosives to clear farm land, to remove obstructions, and to further engineering projects is one of the great uses of explosives they were intended for, but this information too is very difficult to find.

The Forum, Dave, is one of the last remaining great bastions of practical and quality information concerning your legitimate desire to employ energetic materials. You have come to the right place, now all I can say on the matter is to read, read, read.

FUTI
September 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
But obviously someone who attempted that attack in Syria though that mixture can be used as explosive...did they tried to make something like BLEVE or what? I was confused when I read news reports...then again really I found a good souce to qoute eeek. Anyone has some info about it from more reliable souce.

Coldiron
September 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks Megalomania. I thought it sounded wierd. basicly what I want is a safe (as can be expected when using explosives) blasting cap that I can use to initiate some explosives. I dont know what ones I will be using yet but like I said AP is the easiest one for me to make. I have all the ingredients for many others but some are just to unstable (from what I have read about them) or they take a large blasting cap that I cant get, I could make them but I dont like the idea of geting hurt or hurting others if somthing went wrong. I am very leary of explosives as I have had some go off in my face. no damage was done but it scared the $h!t outa me! the amount of stumps that I need to dig out will use more fuel than I think it's worth. Ap wont cost me much as I have all the components, and can get most of them for free if I need to make more. thanks again Dave

FullMetalJacket
September 19th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Da ba dum, dum dum... Another myth bites the dust...

nbk2000
September 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Damn it....he had to go and say something sensible after the stupidity of the original post which was going to get him banned. :(

megalomania
September 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Where the hell did I get Dave from? God damn cold, I'm cranky, and I can't see very well. :(

nbk2000
September 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM
You wouldn't happened to have watched '2001, a Space Odyssey', would you?

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. ;)

atlas#11
September 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
If your looking for a stable and safe explosive, don't even consider AP. It is not ridiculusly unstable as some people say, but it is far too sensitive for my taste. I advise you to look into anything but organic peroxides for blasting caps. Can you get sulfuric acid and a nitrate? I suggest you make picric acid, as you can make plenty of primaries from it and use it as a fairly good steel cutting explosive as well. It's biggest downfall is it's reactivity/toxicity, it is after all an acid. Read up on it in it's thread, plenty of info, as mega said, you have come to the right place.