View Full Version : Common sense

shooter3
October 30th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Be careful when you use stuff in the water! Shock waves are carried very efficiently by water. If you shoot anything larger than an M-80, and your closer than 30 feet you could by in big trouble. Here is 3 events that I have first hand knowledge of; (In Nam) We would toss concussion grenades over the side to keep swimmers from trying to blow up our boats. One guy throws one to close and the outdrive bladder got ruptured, and the boat sank. At another time we hit one swimmer, but he managed to get away only to die down river(internal bleeding?). I was building a marine railway(Diving)and found an almost empty Bic lighter. I put it on an old piling(about 10 ft. deep)and whacked it with a hammer(REAL bright). It was just a small bit of compressed gas, but it almost knocked me out. To sum it up; Don't be underwater when you take these photos.
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A REPLY TO UNDER WATER AP. AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO CHANGE IT.
------------------
The truth shall set you free!

[This message has been edited by shooter3 (edited October 30, 2001).]

mrloud
October 30th, 2001, 08:19 AM
No worries. This is deviating from DBSP's photos and probably should be in its own thread anyhow. But not in the explosive peroxides section. So if a mod could move it... http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

I was definately going to start with small crackers and work my way up.
One of the dive clubs around here use military simulators or flash bangs as a recall device. The flash bang is tied to a nut with 30 cm of string or so, the fuse is lit and it is thrown overboard. It can be heard clear as day from a long way. If you happen to be close enough to see it you can see a spherical ball of fire that last for a split second before imploding in on itself. Just like something from the movies. It is fucking loud but not forceful enough to knock you senseless.

[This message has been edited by mrloud (edited October 30, 2001).]

Anthony
October 30th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Moving to Misc.

------------------
"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
...George W. Bush, Jr.