View Full Version : Murder by Cancer

Hirudinea
October 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Well I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here goes.

Several years ago I saw a television program where some loony tried to kill a former girlfriend with a drug which induces terminal liver cancer roughly 5 years after ingestion. He screwed it up, of course, by using too much and killing several people in her family right away.

But the question I have is, does anyone have any idea what this drug might be?

I believe the show I saw was based on a book called "Toxic Love" by a Tomas Guillen. So if anyone has any idea what this chemical is, could you tell me?

Lewis
October 9th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Why would a drug be nessicary when (according to the media) damn near everything on this earth causes cancer? :p

Just add a sprinkle of asbestos to their cheerios each morning for about a year and I'm sure it'll do the trick.

zeocrash
October 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Just add a sprinkle of asbestos to their cheerios each morning for about a year and I'm sure it'll do the trick.
wouldn't that work better if they inhaled their cherios, which would probably prove more fatal than inhaling the asbestos :P.

i've often thouught that carcinogenic substances would be good as political assasination weapons. Allowing one country to "remove" a foreign leader they viewed as undesirable, while maintaining unincriminated.

nbk2000
October 10th, 2006, 07:13 AM
There was an eastern european politican who was recently poisoned by Dioxin while running for office.

Horrible damage. :eek:

I can imagine the cancers this poor fucker is going to be sprouting in just a couple of years.

akinrog
October 10th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Several years ago I saw a television program where some loony tried to kill a former girlfriend with a drug which induces terminal liver cancer roughly 5 years after ingestion. He screwed it up, of course, by using too much and killing several people in her family right away.

But the question I have is, does anyone have any idea what this drug might be?

Please check these out :

http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/76978-post42.html
http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/77027-post45.html
The second post contains almost exact story you are referring to. It was broadcast on an episode of Forensic Scientists of Discovery channel.

The substance is a nitrosamine. However, I shall not give you which nitrosamine it's. You should figure out it by yourself. Regards

Hirudinea
October 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Why would a drug be nessicary when (according to the media) damn near everything on this earth causes cancer?

Yea I know, sometimes it makes me wish I was a lab rat, hell they can cure anything in them!

wouldn't that work better if they inhaled their cherios, which would probably prove more fatal than inhaling the asbestos :P.

Well I suppose if a microscopic piece of absestos in your lung can cause cancer than a whole cheerio would be a real bitch! :eek:

i've often thouught that carcinogenic substances would be good as political assasination weapons. Allowing one country to "remove" a foreign leader they viewed as undesirable, while maintaining unincriminated.

There was an eastern european politican who was recently poisoned by Dioxin while running for office.

Horrible damage.

I can imagine the cancers this poor fucker is going to be sprouting in just a couple of years.

Yea, that was (I believe) Viktor Luchenko (sp?) president of the Ukraine, the Russians were a bit pissed off with him at the time so they put some dioxin in his soup (which considering Russian cooking might actually have been a favour) and it nearly killed him (and made him look like an extra from "Night of the Living Dead Presidents") and in a few years I guess he will be dead.

The second post contains almost exact story you are referring to. It was broadcast on an episode of Forensic Scientists of Discovery channel.

Yep, thats it, only I saw it on A&E.

The substance is a nitrosamine. However, I shall not give you which nitrosamine it's. You should figure out it by yourself. Regards

That sounds like it, thanks. It was Diethlynitrosamine wasn't it? (I looked it up and that seems the most likely.)

Oh yea and I like the idea about the mercury vapours to induce insanity, driving them mad as a hatter, eh? (Possibly hooking a mercury device to a car heater?)

Ropik
October 11th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Fester's Silent Death has a section about cancer-inducing toxins. Check it out.

c.Tech
October 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Silent Death - 2nd Edition, Uncle Fester. About the synthesis and use of various toxins and war gasses.
http://rapidshare.de/files/35285344/UF_SD.rar

Just for the convenience :)

FUTI
October 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Hm...well it is always good to rub your enemy ;) but wear gloves. So make him a skin creame but just for his sake be cheap and use poorer US grade of triethanolamine (can contain up to 15% of diethanolamine). Add nitrites as "preservatives" and you know the rest of the story. :D Hell I will start avoiding cosmetics considering how many stupid cheap bastard companies are outthere. BRRR!

Hirudinea
October 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Fester's Silent Death has a section about cancer-inducing toxins. Check it out.

Silent Death - 2nd Edition, Uncle Fester. About the synthesis and use of various toxins and war gasses.

Just for the convenience

Thanks. Thanks C. Tech. I've already downloaded it from seeing it on your tagline.

c.Tech
October 13th, 2006, 05:29 AM
FUTI, are you sure that having chemicals rubbed into peoples skin wouldn’t alert them something isn’t wrong? Especially if they have sensitive skin.

Hirudinea, no problem :) just doing my part to make information freely available to everyone who deserves it.

FUTI
October 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM
c.Tech I agree that it can alert them, but smart dosage can reduce the irritability and as bonus virtue melanoma is really fast. Anyway people will most likely think of it "God again some phantom skin rash! What is this? Allergic reaction etc..."

akinrog
October 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I could not keep my mouth shut. :D However it must be pointed out that the substance in the said event was not ethyl derivative but methyl derivative of nitrosamine.

Check the following links out and pay attention especially to toxicological properties: :D
http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/NI/N-nitrosodiethylamine.html
http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/NI/N-nitrosodimethylamine.html

However, if I ever choose a cancer toxin, then I would opt for aflatoxins. These substances are scary shit and do harm on very small dosages too.

The following contains toxicological values (which are far more higher than the carcinogenic dosages).
http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/AF/aflatoxin_B1.html

Regards.

nbk2000
October 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
The dimethyl is far more toxic then the diethyl, over 10x more so. :)