View Full Version : Kids Use AP for Revenge Attack in Australia

fiknet
November 5th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Just saw this on news.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20704359-421,00.html

It happened quite awhile ago (September 17 last year) but still that is all we need in Aus, more attention to our illegal hobby from the media and as usual did the job in hyping it up by including the usual "Mother of Satan", found instructions on the internet, built for less than 30$ and extra points for linking them with terrorism:rolleyes:
One of the children kept video footage of the collapsing Twin Towers on his high school email account, the court was told. Another used the online alias Osama and admitted to police his interest in the global jihad leader Osama bin Laden.

c.Tech
November 6th, 2006, 12:10 AM
This happened in my city? I never saw a thing in the paper, usually this is blown way out of proportion.

I'm probably worse than those kids as far as terrorism goes, with heaps of videos relating to terrorism laws and 9/11 attacks which I downloaded researching the controlled demolition of the WTC.

And now for the bit I found most humorous :D.
The teenager, now 16, pleaded guilty to five counts including reckless conduct endangering life, recklessly cause serious injury and making an explosive substance without an excuse.

What a law! :rolleyes:

nbk2000
November 6th, 2006, 02:22 AM
An excuse is something you use to explain away otherwise unacceptable behaviour.

A reason is why you did something, regardless of legality or morals, so that's what the punks had...a reason.

May not have made sense to the court, but it did to them at the time, and for a girl to disparage a young mans masculinity is reason enough, I'd say.

Used to be you'd just slap the bitch for bad mouthing you, and if her family stood up, duel with them for your honor. Now you have to resort to other methods to get justice since the 'law' is nothing but a tool of class oppression by the existing rulers.

inventorgp
November 6th, 2006, 05:18 AM
The explosive, the ingredients for which the Sunday Herald Sun sourced for less than $30, is more volatile that TNT and its manufacture and use in Victoria is illegal. Oh! how more powerful it is.

"I don't regard it as a prank, I regard it as calculated, premeditated and dangerous." Terrorists! Ahhh!

"It's nothing to be proud of, to have other students at a school scared of you," the magistrate said. What?

I mean this is complete and utter baloney! Who cares is some dumb kid made a small batch of AP. It doesn’t make them a terrorist, it makes them a k3\/\/l. Forty years or so (depending where you live blah, blah, etc.) ago you'd get a "slap on the wrist" so to speak (or the cane).

Nihilist
November 6th, 2006, 07:16 AM
"Potentially deadly". What a fucked up phrase. Journalists should be barred from using hypotheticals of any kind. ANYTHING is potentially deadly. Given that his 'bomb' didn't hurt anyone, he clearly didn't intend for it to be 'deadly'.

"One of the children kept video footage of the collapsing Twin Towers on his high school email account, the court was told. Another used the online alias Osama and admitted to police his interest in the global jihad leader Osama bin Laden."

Now that is just fucked. Who *wouldn't* be curious about OBL? He's an interesting guy. And keeping video footage of the twin towers "in his email account"? That means someone emailed it to him and he never deleted the message.

Clearly, this kid is a terrorist in the making.

Bad journalism really should be punishable by death. I fucking hate these idiots that spout this bullshit. And the sheep eat it up like chocolate covered crack.

Jacks Complete
November 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Of course, they were dumb. If they had made the bomb and planted it in her locker with a disc containing the PMJB, and forwarded the Twin Towers email, then reported her...

c.Tech
November 7th, 2006, 07:43 AM
An excuse is something you use to explain away otherwise unacceptable behaviour.

A reason is why you did something, regardless of legality or morals, so that's what the punks had...a reason.

Just looking up in my dictionary I found that excuse doesn’t mean quite what I’ve been taught :o, as I always thought it was a reason after the event that is a lie and used to cover your tracks.

Has anyone else thought it is this?
a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.; "he kept finding excuses to stay"; "every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job"; "his transparent self-justification was unacceptable"
Google seems to have only one definition on my side. 'http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&defl=en&q=define:excuse&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title'

Spell check seems to pick up a few mistakes coming from a dictionary website (defense, behavior), :p how ironic.

Jacks Complete
November 7th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Spell check seems to pick up a few mistakes coming from a dictionary website (defense, behavior), how ironic.UK vs. US spellings, is all.

nbk2000
November 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
In jurisprudence, an excuse is a defense in which a defendant argues that he or she was not liable for his or her actions at the time a law was broken and thus he or she should not be held liable for a crime.

Excuses include diminished responsibility, duress, infancy, insanity, involuntary intoxication, mistake, provocation, and unconsciousness.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excuse

The only definiton that matters is the one that the court deciding your fate uses.