View Full Version : Where To Buy Chemicals In The UK

angryphil
November 8th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Ok, as we all know its becoming steadily harder to buy chemicals without producing a collection of various liscenses, but there still some good sites around for buying chemicals cheaply and legally. Get them while you still can!

Note: These are UK links only, they might work in other countries but I havent checked.

CHEMICALS:
www.thechemicalshop.com very pricey, but it has most of everything.

www.kno3.com has nearly everything thechemicalshop.com has, but is muuuuuch cheaper!

www.thegreenman.me.uk very realible and quite cheap-ideal for pyrotechnics, also has some usefull plans and formulas.

www.ebay.co.uk currently has some very good deals on KNO3.

www.pyroplanet.co.uk mainly for fuse, but it sells KNO3 at a good price and some very cheap fuse.

FUSE:
www.ukvisco.com realible supplier of standard visco and effects fuses.

www.pyroplanet.co.uk see above.

If anyone knows of any better UK sites please reply:)

mike16
November 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, www.thechemicalshop.com, is where I have been buying my chems from, but £6.99 for 500g sodium carbonate :eek:, its very expensive.

There is another site, "www.labpakchemicals.com", I was going to order 5 litres of H2SO4 and 3 litres of HNO3, but on the order form you have to say what you are going to use the chemicals for, so I just left it.

I thought saying I was going to use 3 litres of HNO3 for fertiliser would look a bit suspicious.

ShadowMyGeekSpace
November 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
You should have taken the time to actually read the threads that are already present on the board. At the _top of the list of threads_ in the "chemicals, apparatus, and equipment" there's http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/chemicals-apparatus-equipment/1877-great-otc-survey.html

PS: Use The Fucking Search Engine (UTFSE)

Gerbil
November 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM
www.thechemicalshop.com very pricey, but it has most of everything.

www.kno3.com has nearly everything thechemicalshop.com has, but is muuuuuch cheaper!

Both are apparently run by the same guy, and reviews of his sites aren't exactly great (I've done research).

angryphil
November 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
kk, thx for the info, ive never used them and i wont now!

Gerbil
November 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Actually...
mike16, what's your experience been like?

Also bear in mind that you can find a lot of chemicals in 'normal' shops if you look around ;) .

mike16
November 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Well, its been an expensive experience, at £14 for just 500ml H2SO4:mad:.

For the future im planning on buying a few litres of cheap H2SO4 and a few kilos of KNO3, and I will start making my own nitric acid, I've made nitric acid before, only on a small scale, but it worked!:)

This was the first time I've made my own HNO3 and hopefully not the last.
It was a very slight yellow colour and tested to be >90% purity, and it fumed a lot, I love seeing HNO3 when it fumes, its beautiful.

c.Tech
November 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Both are apparently run by the same guy, and reviews of his sites aren't exactly great (I've done research).

Not only that but thechemicalshop.com and kno3.com are probably the dodgiest chemical sites around and they sell most chemicals which are used mainly in drug synthesis, pyro and explosives. What kind of chemical shop sells that?

They are quite suspicious if you ask me.

They have been mentioned here before and I strongly recommend nobody shops there, many of the more experienced members believe it is the cops and I agree.

CTMTNA
November 9th, 2006, 11:11 AM
My first post... I tried 'www.kno3.com' this monday. ordered 1.5kg of sodium nitrite. I got it today(Stocks up for quite a while):D So I decided to order 1.5 kg of Hexamine, I cant imagine that anybody can guess what that is for... :rolleyes: Sacrificing myself for the better. I´ll let you know if anything goes wrong. Hopefully it will be in my "mailbox" in a couple of days..

CTMTNA
November 18th, 2006, 02:05 PM
The hexamine I ordered last week arrived two days ago. It has a kinda bright greyish blue color:confused: ? But works fine for the purpose:) . By the way, the sodium nitrite has some impurities in the form of yellow brown chunks. I´m not saying that it is fine to order from this place, I guess that for these things it never is. But so far I haven´t encountered any problems.

c.Tech
November 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Has anyone else realised that the amount of people posting in this thread saying they bought these chems have 0 posts?

Cop1: Try this, I got the order.
Cop2: Yeh I got my chems too.
Idiot: Awesome I will buy some.

Idiot gets arrested.

I could be wrong, just pointing it out for safety’s sake.

Cobalt.45
November 19th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Along the same train of thought: Who's to say that a discussion forum might not be put up by the law.:eek:

This site would be administrated and moderated by the law. Kind of a "honey pot" to collect a bunch of unwitting souls. All neatly tied up with a bow.

That way, nobody has to be conned into trying to buy chemicals. They just start posting. No entrapment, or having to deal with money sent to the cops to pay for the chemicals. The cops can't just keep the money, even if they are cops.

Between this as a possibility, and the Carnivore monitoring system of the FBI, (pause while he looks outside to see black 'copters hovering overhead and JBT's coming up the drive...):(

megalomania
November 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
If I'm a fed, the fedgov sure owes me a lot of paychecks because I have not seen a dime yet :)

Jacks Complete
November 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Don't forget, entrapment is perfectly ok in the UK. The cops frown on it, but if they do it, it won't save you (unless you are the son of a statesman)

I doubt anyone ordering 2Kg of pre-explosive is going to get any issues. After all, the law says you can have a small amount of explosive without a license, otherwise possession of a cracker snap or rocket engine would be an offence. Oddly, for smaller stuff, they could do you as a terrorist, or not bother at all. It would probably depend on your face.

Element13
November 27th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I believe that KNO3.com may be the cops but I'm not sure.

I have an interesting story to tell. It starts last year when I discovered Skylighter. I bought a bunch of stuff there and got myself real interested in learning pyrotechnics. That was in early 2005. I read about how the CPSC was trying to stop the sale of chemicals to make fireworks. Being older and having a few extra bucks I took it to heart and began building a large inventory of chemicals from Skylighter and eBay.

I even ordered a bunch of items that couldn't be shipped. I planned a family vacation and drove all the way to Virginia to pick them up (we visited DC and Virginia beach too). I have not really learned much yet about making fireworks, but I sure have a lot of the necessary chemicals. As I was in this frenzy of buying as many pyro-chemicals as I could, I discovered KNO3.com. Being from the USA, I thought their prices were too high but I noticed that they sold one chemical that I have not seen available anywhere else. Red phosphorus!

I had also purchased books that told how impact fireworks could be made using red phosphorus. I was aware that red phosphorus is used to make meth but that didn't stop me (it probably should have). I ask them for a shipping quote to get it from the UK to me and it was reasonable. They had a buy 5 and get one free deal so I went ahead and ordered it (600 grams). It got to me real fast within about 4 days. That’s when I knew something was wrong. Getting it to that fast meant it was shipped by air. It was not shipped legally.

All I wanted it for was to make impact fireworks like cracker balls and torpedoes. Once I realized how dangerous it is to make those things, I decided to wait until I've learned a lot more before making any attempts. I also made a decision to NOT make any exploding fireworks because they are much more dangerous and more likely to get me into trouble. I made fountains and a bottle rocket launcher for the 4th. After the 4th, I made a batch of lances in different colors.

Its now late July, about three months after the red P arrived, and I got a phone call at work. The postal inspector, a guy from the bomb squad and two plain clothes detectives were waiting at my house and wanted me to come home and explain why I had bought the red phosphorus and the other chemicals from Skylighter. The trigger for this visit was Skylighter's most recent shipment to me. The 5 lbs. of sodium nitrate that was backordered had arrived.

I was totally freaked out but since I live real close to where I work, I told them I'd be right there in a couple of minutes.

This all has a very happy ending. When I got home, they introduced themselves and the postal inspector handed me my sodium nitrate. I told all these folks the same story I'm telling you. I invited them into my house to see where I had the chemicals stored. They could see I was harmless. I have no lab equipment except a coffee pot, triple beam balance and a few mixing screens. No cold medicine! No meth lab! No homemade M80's! The choices I had made earlier saved my ass. I offered to give them (let them confiscate) the red P but they said I could keep it. I also volunteered to give them a copy of my chemical list. They said sure, and I e-mailed it to one of them. I offered to let them look in the boxes where I keep the chemicals and they declined. This was it. They left and I haven't heard from them since.

The only thing I changed is I now keep oxidizers and fuels in separate rooms.

This whole thing makes me think there really is freedom in the USA. But then again maybe its because I'm 56 years old. Would I have been treated differently if I were 26? How did they know I bought the red phosphorus?

nbk2000
November 28th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Well, pigs like it when you roll over like a whipped dog, so that helped. :)

Being grandpa' helps too. If you looked like some tweaky Gen X'er, you'd have been fucked.