View Full Version : Todays rant : EDITED

rayman
November 26th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Being a newbie here I realy dont want to cause any waves, but being a researcher I must say what piss's me off is reading threads and seeing things like this

*** removed ***
or
Deleted by poster

That realy piss's me off, If you make an error and wish to correct it edit your post or repost with edit's, Please do not delete you post, or edit it so that the following 6 or 10 posts are of no use, How are we to learn what you did wrong so that we can learn from your mistakes if you delete them

I can under stand if a mod removes / moves / deletes it or edits as needed, but they at least leave a reason for doing so

Thank you for allowing me this time to get that out :)

Edited this post to include ... Pictures

Damn I hate reading some ones post saying lots of good things about whats in the picture .. that is no longer viewable, post your pics on this server please so we can all see what your talking about 4 years from now

:: End edit

megalomania
November 26th, 2006, 09:53 PM
We now disable the ability to edit a post after several hours because of this very reason. Some very good information was redacted causing subsequent posts to seem out of context. The staff only removes content that is in violation of the rules including spam advertisments, repeated info, virus/scam links, and dangerous stupidity quoted from crapbooks.

Jacks Complete
November 27th, 2006, 08:05 PM
The ability to host pictures on the site was only added recently (last year?).

We also don't delete users, simply banning them, since that would remove the details of who posted what, due to the way the board software works.

rayman
November 27th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I understand, in regards to pictures its rather annoying when people use photobucket or what have you and when there albams are full or what have you they delete pictures to make room for pics of there cats playing ...

Its good to know that you have added picture capabilties to the forum, I being a newer member and also a newbie to chemistry need all the info I can get to stay safe and keep all my fingers and toes while learning and experimenting in this field ( think twice act once )

I would also like to take this time to thank Nbk mega and all the others that have made this forum a great resource