View Full Version : Does Zaibatsu yet live?

Dawg
December 2nd, 2006, 04:06 AM
Hello-

Haven't been on here for close to 2 months but tonite just stumbled across a familiar name from old posts here-

http://digg.com/users/zaibatsu/profile

Is this our old friend/moderator?

Defendu
December 2nd, 2006, 07:28 AM
Is this our old friend/moderator?

Is Denver somewhere in England? :rolleyes:

Also, zaibatsu last posted here November 19, 2006.

nbk2000
December 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
I've asked him (zai) about this before, having seen his name being used in other forums. He's always denied that it was him.

c.Tech
December 3rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Where did he go for the last 2 years? He seemed to just vanish.

But what’s a bigger question is what happened to all the other moderators who were always around the forum?

Jacks Complete
December 3rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
I doubt Z is foolish enough to use his sig name elsewhere. I know I never do, but there are plenty of people using the same name as me on other forums.

knowledgehungry
December 3rd, 2006, 08:18 PM
I "vanished" from Roguesci for a while, and even now that I have returned I do not have the same level of activity as I once did. Simple things like having a job, going to school and getting a girlfriend are remarkably effective at curtailing experimentation when combined.

Sometimes people lose interest in these things, or decide that there are more important things that they do not want to risk by being involved in an "illegal activity". There are many reasons to leave this hobby, it can be very dangerous as well as time consuming.

About Zaibatsu, I talked with him recently and he mentioned wanting to become active on the forum again.

nbk2000
December 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
School, relationships, financal or legal problems, changing interests...all of these can make a person leave.