View Full Version : New user with some questions on getting files

tibberous
December 2nd, 2006, 07:47 AM
I recently stumbled on this board and was hoping to add some books to my collection, but am finding the rapidshare links dead and the ftp server down.

I tried to connect to it at 204.210.178.212:990, using implicit ssl as described in one of the posts. I received the message:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed"

I then tried to ping the ip to at least verify the existence of a server, also nothing (yes I know it wouldn't *have* to respond to ping to exist)

Is the ftp server currently running? I may try PM'ing individual members for books as soon as I inventory everything I want, but I'd hate to bother anyone if it is just a matter of waiting for the ftp server.

nbk2000
December 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
I recently stumbled on this board and was hoping to add some books to my collection...

Yet gave absolutely no thought towards contributing to the very resource he hoped to exploit.

And now, having stumbled upon the information-swollen tit that is the RS FTP, he attempted to suckle upon it, only to find that it doesn't give up the milk on demand, and is now mewling for a helping hand to squeeze it out for him.

Can you tell how many different ways he fucked up with just this one sentence? :rolleyes:

But wait! There's more!

I may try PM'ing individual members for books as soon as I inventory everything I want...

Oh, well, we'll be glad to hand serve you anything your little heart desires, Oh Lord and Master of the Realm!

:mad:

tibberous
December 4th, 2006, 06:29 AM
As long and unhelpful as that was, it doesn't change the fact that all I asked was whether the ftp server was up or down. I wouldn't call downloading from an ftp server 'exploiting' it.

+++++++++++

Since a definition is obviously required:

verb exploited, exploiting

1. To take unfair advantage of something or someone so as to achieve one's own aims.
Thesaurus: capitalize on, take advantage of, misuse, profit by, use, abuse, manipulate, cash in on.

NBK

+++++++++++

Since you are asking for me to contribute something, mind telling me what? My computer is down after a registry related incident, but I have a collection of stuff myself, so if there is anything you are looking for, I don't mind uploading. A lot of what I have is pretty common and dated; Festers stuff, hacking & reversing, chemistry, Hive and Rhodium mirrors - also some archived forum posts which might be helpful but I can't really vouch for.