View Full Version : Converting certain airsoft make/model guns to fire one or more fatal projectiles

clandestiner
December 10th, 2006, 05:26 AM
I have a KWA 'heavy frame' G19 (models a Glock 19) which I never use, but I got it out today as I was going to purchase a handgun sometime soon and was investigating certain things about gripping related to pistols...

during the course of this, I for some reason decided to take off the slide. The removable parts from the side are a spring, and two 'barrels', an inner and an outer. The inner is a much thinner metal that fits inside the outer.

As a quick dimension, I dropped in a 7.62x39 shell into the barrel to gauge it's diameter, and the round fit halfway down its casing but still let light through (I don't think the outer barrel is rounded in a true circle...)

I have no interest in converting this airsoft pistol (at this time, anyway), but was insanely curious as to if this had been done with any airsofts. They specifically design them (an of course since they're releasing, in this gun's case, gas) so that they can't be used to fire bullets...at sale time, anyway.

The barrel, of course, is nonrifled. There's a hammer, though. :p

Perhaps with significantly reduced but still useful loads, the pressure would not be too much? Given a need, is there any way that fixing up an airsoft gun into a true firearm would be quicker or easier than implementing a firearm from ground up?

I am hoping there is some previous literature around.

ShadowMyGeekSpace
December 10th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I am hoping there is some previous literature around.In other words, you haven't done your own research on google or even here on this forum, but hope there are previous posts here, and you want us to spoon feed you URLs to them?

clandestiner
December 10th, 2006, 10:12 PM
In other words, you haven't done your own research on google or even here on this forum, but hope there are previous posts here, and you want us to spoon feed you URLs to them?

In light of your courageous effort to cut down any collaborative function, I instead offer the following:

A first of a series of posts on a thread related to the subject, as titled, with what I have as my own means, in hopes someone else around has the same question, where we can share information for the purpose of enlightment of all parties.

I've searched this form where people post on non-Water-Cooler boards about 'making airsoft plastic BBs hurt 10fps more with my own explosive mix' and on Google where people don't like to talk about conversions any more than 'you can't do it'. Searching is a neverending effort, not something one does once, and I continue my search for this information.

Anyway, I wanted to post this before, but my posts are moderated: I'll get some pictures up soon.

nbk2000
December 10th, 2006, 11:18 PM
He gets a weeks vacation to think about his manners. :)

rayman
December 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I for one would like to see your work after your vacation, but I will tell you the basic's of this have been talked about, Unless your going to get some pictures and what have you its useless, Have a good vacation hope you come back with some interesting stuff to take this conversation further