View Full Version : Who's a rat?

Nihilist
December 13th, 2006, 02:09 AM
www.whosarat.com

I was watching House on Fox and an ad for Geraldo Rivera's bullshit "scare the sheeple" show came on. However, it mentioned this site and asked the question "why hasn't it been shut down yet?", because the fuckwit doesn't understand the concept of civil rights. But, I thought it might be a very interesting resource for more than a few of you.

nbk2000
December 13th, 2006, 03:09 AM
If it wasn't out in the open, where the pigs could see that their agents were 'blown', then it'd be operated on the dark net, out of their sight, where only criminals would have access to it, ensuring only cops and their snitches got killed. :)

Match
December 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
416 agent profiles... Sounds informative.

nbk2000
December 14th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Considering how many police agents there are in the US, 416 is a drop in the ocean, and that's over the entire US.

Consider how there's over 1 million law enforcement officers in the US. Unless that 416 was all from (say) the NYPD, there's no way it'd have any real effect.

Match
December 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I guess my sarcasm wasn't very prominent. Sorry NBK.

sdjsdj
December 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Doesn't it strike anyone else that this could be a rather clever way of spreading distrust through terrorist or criminal groups by releasing false intelligence? After all, if you wanted to get rid of a terrorist psychopath, what better way of eliminating them than to tell their terrorist buddies they're a fed?

nbk2000
December 16th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I doubt Al-quaida is subscribing to Who's a Rat.com.

festergrump
December 17th, 2006, 04:22 AM
I see sdjsdj's point, though. AND it could be useful to set up an enemy with a nice broad profile there to better exact a revenge. I know someone whose life would take a very interesting turn if he were to be exposed as a rat...

Cobalt.45
December 22nd, 2006, 03:03 PM
After all, if you wanted to get rid of a terrorist psychopath, what better way of eliminating them than to tell their terrorist buddies they're a fed?
An oldie but a goodie.

This ploy has been successfully used innumerable times by both sides of the law.

That's how they got Valachi to roll over on hid "friends".

megalomania
December 25th, 2006, 06:08 AM
If I am not mistaken was this topic discussed a year or so ago when this website was first created? Maybe it was not the exact domain, but I remember something just like this.