View Full Version : Innovations in Robotics...

festergrump
December 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Is it the beginning technology for the Terminator or a robotic equivalent of Re-Pet? YOU decide... It's freaky but very neat. It can go so many ways so far as what it's ultimately used for, I'm sure.

Once the military tosses millions more dollars at it and it's perfected, who could say we won't be sending thousands of these overseas to help strip the diaperheads of their oil? Add weapon system, AI, and cams and you've got a whole new warrior. Our guys will only be around for tech support. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3801629182547283136&q=military&hl=en

Grapes Of Wraith
December 26th, 2006, 08:53 PM
There is an article about this in Popular Science magazine, can't remember which issue though.

Alexires
December 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I can see a little copper meshing, combined with a basic AI planner (similar to those used in games like Operation: Flashpoint) and a Minigun going a long way.

Even if they increased the speed to 3 or 4 times that of a human running (not impossible) it would be an awesome anti-personnel weapon.

If they were cheap enough, you could load them with a 100kg explosive/FAE to make an absolutely unbeatable weapon.

Soon, we will see the era where infantry are armed with anti-material weapons simply because of these little beasts.

*grin* On another note, make it 50 times bigger and we have War of the Worlds.

Frunk
December 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Everyone knows walker robots are inferior. Aside from being robotic challenges and helping develop human-worn exoskeletons, I don't know why they didn't just use tracks instead of legs. That thing is too easy to trip.