View Full Version : Torrent and FTP

10fingers
December 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, I need some help. Most of you guys are much more computer proficient than I am. I have some questions about this torrent thing and the ftp and would appreciate any help.

I have not been on this site for awhile and I have tried to read most of the posts on these subjects but to no avail. So here goes.

1.Does the forum ftp still work? I no longer have the info I downloaded from there before, which by the way was very good. I do not have the software to use the ftp and want to see if the torrent is better.

2.Is the same info available through the torrent as is on ftp? Is the torrent better, faster than the ftp?

3.What is the best free torrent software?

The main reason I would like to know these things is that if I have to get the software and learn how to use it I would like to do it the best way.

Thanks for any assistance.

tmp
December 27th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I don't know anything about torrents. Mega would probably know more about
that than most people. As for what was previously called the 'Unofficial' FTP,
it's been gone for a while. I set up my own FTP some time back and despite
one hard drive crash it's up and running. Check your private messages for
your access information. Click on the link below.

Instructions for installing and using FileZilla (http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=5597&highlight=filezilla)

ShadowMyGeekSpace
December 28th, 2006, 12:43 AM
If you guys would like, I'll grab sets of files from the FTP and seed them on some dedicated servers for awhile until theres enough people seeding them, and then I'll start the proccess over with new files until the FTP is all uploaded.

edit: screw it, I'll just get started on it now.