View Full Version : War on terror, (world war 3) first Afghanistan, next Iraq, now Somalia?

c.Tech
January 10th, 2007, 05:08 AM
They have attacked some targets there, now people can fear the blacks as terrorists.

So far it’s just against terrorist targets not a country, lets see how it develops.

I’m not going to be surprised if this turns out into a full on war against Somalia.

What’s everyone’s view on this?

Gerbil
January 10th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'd be surprised if it turned into an all-out war, give that the US military is already stretched in the Middle East. But anything can happen :rolleyes: .

Btw, the current conflict could also be referred to as World War 4, given that the Cold War (WW3) was a global conflict.

defiant
January 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
The assault on Somalia was a coperative effort between the US and Ethiopia. A deal was cut. What kind of deal is unknown at this juncture, but given Ethiopia's recent history its probably financial aid in the form of armaments.

US taxpayers foot the bill and the Carlyle Group reaps the profits. Something like that anyway.

Also, check out the documentary on google - "The Power of Nightmares" (part III of the BBC series) - which concludes that Al Kaida is an idea rather than an organization. Yet the media billed the event as an attack on "Al Kaida in Somalia".

akinrog
January 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
US taxpayers foot the bill and the Carlyle Group reaps the profits. Something like that anyway.

Which means actually Bush and Bin Ladin family reap the profits. :D

Hirudinea
January 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I've said it before and I've said it again, there is a war of civilizations comming, we're on one on side and we have to decide, do we want to win or lose? Its that simple.