View Full Version : Pen Grenade

2ndamendment
February 5th, 2007, 10:46 PM
My friend and I conceived this idea while we were sitting in Biology.

Have you ever looked at the Pilot G-2 pen? It's a gel pen that contains a canister for the gel, a spring, and a push button for pushing the ink cartridge up and down. I have filled these pens with BP and found they do combust even with the pen opening.
Anyway, you take out the spring and canister. It unscrews around the middle. Then you glue sandpaper at the end of the tube were the clicker is. Next take I'd say three to five strike anywheres and load them in the clicker end. Then fill it with BP. To keep the ends from just separating you could use some PVC cement.

All thats left to do now is give to someone you don't like very much, or maybe chuck it and use it as an impact explosive. But if your going to throw it you might want to go ahead and seal the pen opening.

PYRO500
February 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
This is stuff straight from the anarchist's cookbook/totse . If I were still a moderator I would cut your ass down for posting this idea, as a (EDIT: ANOTHER POINTLESS) new thread none the less

2ndamendment
February 5th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Your right. In the orinigal 1989 ver. theres was something about it sticking a match inside a pen, but I couldn't find the rest.
My bad I have the 05.

tiac03
February 5th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Had you actually added something partially interesting (and of your own) to the pen to make it less Kewl then you might have stood a chance, but with NBK on the look out for people who commit forum suicide, I might want to say good bye to you before I miss the chance to.

knowledgehungry
February 6th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Not only that you posted it outside the watercooler, which if posted there you might still have a chance at survival. Too bad you couldn't be bothered to pay more attention to the rules, I liked the name.

Asriel
November 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I think you might have watched Goldeneye one too many times there, but on a serious not I would look into a piezoelectric ignition system like you can find in some lighters, I think that' would be a useful way.

Killy
November 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
"My friend and I conceived this idea while we were sitting in Biology. "

LOL

The thread should have been called "the pen mine".
Mean and dirty idea, thuough

Charles Owlen Picket
November 26th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Biology is a fascinating science. The ability to stick to a subject at hand will make for a more disciplined mind. A disciplined mind is what is needed to conceptualize and (especially) develop energetic materials.

Winston Bailey
January 18th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Upon reading this thread I thought it might be a good idea to post my idea on a mine made from a pen blasting cap which is detonated by stepping on. Get a Hi-Liter brand highlighter clicker(it has a decently strong spring) and take the tip out. I haven't fully completed this project as i just thought about it the other day.

Buy some party poppers from the store($.99 store). Twelve of them come in one bag for a dollar. Take the confetti out and remove the actual popper in them. Once this is done, rig the popper to the highlighter so that when clicked the spring will pull the string out of the popper (which is either in the pen or outside in which case the highlighter is stuck into a small charge of any sensitive HE (like AP)????

Of course before rigged up you would have to click the pen once so it is in the lower position. Rig it all up and stick the pen into a small charge or the pen having the HE in itself and then put it into a booster. This is then placed in a secondary (ANFO). All contained in a decently sized bottle, i.e. a grant's brand stump remover bottle.

When someone steps on the actual clicker part of the pen, BOOM!!!! Although this is not what i would actually do. Just an idea I conceived. If anyone has any suggestions or reasons why this is a bad idea(other than the obvious) please let me know.

I thought it might be interesting to post my little spin on a pen grenade. I haven't yet read about anyone using party popper "popper" as an ignition source.

CHEERS

Thorald
January 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
The pen "grenade" is not a new idea and its pretty easy to make one, as the person who started this thread has shown.
All thats left to do now is give to someone you don't like very much

I hope you have an idea of how dangerous/stupid that is. It is all very well saying that but, how would you feel if your contraption blinded someone or did other serious damage.

Winston Bailey
January 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I would never do such a thing. I have no intentions of hurting myself nor anyone else. Generally speaking, explosives are "dangerous" it doesn't matter what kind. Think what would happen if your own mother was given such a device?? NOT cool at all.It would be a fun idea, NOT meant to harm, maim, or kill for that matter. OBVIOUSLY this is no new idea. :rolleyes: But, could/can be fun none the less. :D

Killy
January 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Im amazed how new threads are mostly started by people having less than 10 posts, and than "more experienced" members discuss it.

Its like they got on forum, throw the bomb and get the hell away....

Winston Bailey
January 24th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Yes, I hadn't noticed that trend until you said something (killy). But in fact, that tends to be the case. Unusual, on topic, I made a very simple tripwire pen blasting cap for novelty use. Good for paintball, airsoft,good time, etc,....A waste of time but none the less not a complete waste if at the end of work you get to enjoy the time spent. =]]

CHEERS

TORCHed
January 31st, 2008, 02:40 AM
What would be the general point of a tiny pen grenade? Given the fact that somehow you have to push down the clicker would only result in an unknowing person to either get hurt. I think the unmodified pen is probably more exciting than this little trick.

Swissdude
February 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM
How about a pen with a cap. You glue the string end of one of those party poppers to the cap and the small charge inside the pen, and then simply fill up the pen with the desired explosive and voilą.