View Full Version : Kno3.com Busted by Police

cracker
February 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Take a look at this >http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=83230

Unfortunately I was one of their orders, needless to say I have been preparing myself for an unwanted visit.

DMSOnMyVeins
February 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I was so sure that was a sting operation, that's why I never ordered from them. The owner of that business is in deep shit.

If I was you, I would take the HDD from your PC and any other media that contains information related to this forum and cache it or have a very trustworthy friend hold on to it.

IMO, the logical thing for the Feds to do would be to serve all warrants first, then notify the press.

Better safe than sorry is the best advice I can give.

Shalashaska
February 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM
If I was you, I would take the HDD from your PC and any other media that contains information related to this forum and cache it or have a very trustworthy friend hold on to it.

Best advice you can be given in this situation. Back it up, hide it, give it to a friend or destroy it.

megalomania
February 11th, 2007, 08:58 AM
While iodine has numerous legitimate uses for the OTC consumer, as well as considerable usefulness for the chemical experimenter, hobbyist, or citizen scientist, I am afraid it is even more useful in the making of evil drugs.

I would prefer not to be labeled as an evil drug pusher just because I want iodine, or as a terrorist because I have a beaker, or as a rapist just because I have a penis, but in this world it is guilty until proven to be rich.

I hope they don't ban iodine completely because I have never needed more than catalytic amounts, and I can still squeeze that out of the marketplace. If it comes to it a trip to the ocean will be in order.

I particularly like the part in the article where the fedgov automatically assumes EVERY single crystal of chemicals sold was used to make meth, and I would suspect they calculated the maximum possible yield a professional chemist could get in a big budget lab, not what a doped up meth cook could actually get in a men's room turned lab. This is just another example of assuming everyone not a federal agent is a criminal just because they bought some chemicals. No mention of the meth labs, who got busted, or if those "meth labs" were not actually high school chemistry teachers who bought the inexpensive chemicals to teach their classes because their education funding got slashed to pay for the DEA's investigations and the Pentagon's toys for the war of terror.

Bert
February 13th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I hope they don't ban iodine completely because I have never needed more than catalytic amounts, and I can still squeeze that out of the marketplace. If it comes to it a trip to the ocean will be in order.

I have no love for meth users or meth cooks. They're a pain in the ass, and dangerous to those around them. With all the excess energy they have, however, I'm surprised they can't figure out how to extract Phosphorous from chicken bones and Iodine from uncontrolled salt products... Guess they've burned a few too many brain cells by the time they get that far "in" to it.

And I'd go to Salt Lake City before I went to the seaside. More concentrated brine, and the price of everything doubles when you're close enough to the ocean to smell it-

Gothy
February 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
It's too bad about kno3.com - I have bought quite a bit of chemicals from them, normally KMnO4, KClO4 and aluminium p. - not to mention that they were my only source of hexamine... AHH! I have like 400 grams left.

Here in Denmark there are fueltablets for steam-machines, but they cost around 60 crowns(10$ +-) for a pack with 50 grams.
Überbummer :P

Where do you guys get hexamine anyway? Any international distributors maybe?

Alexx
February 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hi folks!
Really bad news for some people who bought there.
It seems to me that the "wave of terror" against amateur-chemists in the western hemisphere has now also reached the US. The home of the free and the brave. :( It's just amazing how they can give anyone 20 years just for dealing with chemicals like iodine or anything like that. And that even to british citizens. Unfortunately we've got the same or very similar problems in germany, too. They're busting private houses, confiscating harmless chemicals like cooper sulphate or sodium hydroxide from 13 year old school kids and making criminals out of all amateur-chemists. It's just like a nightmare. It has also become very difficult to purchase chemicals at all, and we're just waiting now for a total ban or a very strict monitoring of all chemicals (in the whole Eurpean Union), (and "eventually" also Lab glass and other stuff, too)

I'm very interested in the situation in the US and Canada. I've already heard, that in canada you have to register your Labglass, condensers,... Is that really true? And what can you tell about the situation for amateur-chemists in the States and/or Canada in general?

Gerbil
February 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Gothy, hexi cooking tablets can be easily obtained as army surplus (depending on location). Try ebay, although purchases there are monitored.

Anyhow, I'm not surprised about kno3.com. I didn't think it was a honeytrap, but from what I'd heard the owner was a very naughty boy...

Alexx
February 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Gerbil!

Do you have the same problems in the UK as we have them in germany? (House seekings, "honeytraps",... ) ;)

megalomania
February 27th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Alexx, I don't think the wave of terror has only just reached the US, I think it started here, it stayed here, and it continues to radiate from coast to cost like a hurricane of (anti)-drug induced anti-science sentiment.

The truth is the fedgov hates all drugs they cannot tax or sell themselves, and anything that gets in the way of the war on drugs, the war against the people will be crushed. Why should the fedgov care if an entire generation of potential scientists will be lost? The fedgov wants equality, and that means reducing America to the likes of every other third world craphole. Equality means being equally miserable.

The fedgov assumes we are all guilty of something until proven innocent in the biased court of law. They can spin the possession of any chemical into some trumped up terrorism/drug manufacturing charge.

"In local news today, area juveniles were arrested for possession of the chemical agent dihydrogen monoxide, a substance known to be used in the manufacture of terrorist explosives and methamphetamine. Dihydrogen monoxide is an essential ingredient in the production of TATP, the recipies for which are easily found on the Internet. While the terror suspects deny any claim to manufacturing drugs or explosives, a police raid of their parents homes revealed an extensive network of dihydrogen monoxide equipment including heating and dispensing equipment consistent with similar equipment found in methamphetamine labs and bomb making factories. The suspects are being held without bail in a well lit room until they confess."

Evolutionist
March 13th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I dont understand what the owner of kno3.com did. He had no affiliation with the meth labs, and all he was doing was running a buisness that sold a large ammount of questionable chemicals.

Can the feds really charge him with anything?

Theres a bunch of other more legit suppliers that sell all the chemicals kno3.com sold and more. I don't understand the difference from an extensive lab supplier and this guy.

nbk2000
March 13th, 2007, 05:25 AM
The differences?

One has law firms to represent them, the other can't afford one attorney, let alone the whole firm.

One has political lobbiests to ensure they get exempted from any laws passed, the other gets informed about the law at gunpoint.

One has rich shareholders who'll sue any bastard who disrupts the profit margin, the other is some dude trying to make a living.

Do you understand the differences now?

festergrump
March 13th, 2007, 07:02 AM
One says, "Oy vey! Six million dead wasn't enough?!" and gets a free pass.

The other says, "Holy shit! I think we're FUCKED now!"... but keeps paddling upstream because it the right thing to do.

megalomania
March 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
You can buy all the chemicals to make meth right from Sigma, and I do believe you can even buy meth from Sigma (with the proper DEA license). Why are they different?

NBK hit it dead on. Money. What would be the single most dangerous consumer product around today? Is it a few chemicals used to make fireworks? Oh my no. The automobile strikes me as a very dangerous consumer product, but you will NEVER see the CPSC touch them in a million years. They have money. The CPSC fights the battles it can win, like a bully who steals candy from a baby or a rapist who prays on defenseless elderly women.

That describes the CPSC fairly well, rapists of defenseless elderly women.

March 14th, 2007, 01:14 AM
CPSC is going to be the death of us all. Fireworks are so limited in my area that it is virtually impossible to find them. I was watching CNN a couple days ago and happend to see something along the lines of "teen makes bomb from concentrated hydrogen peroxide, 3 victims" (no it wasnt me :))

Instantly two things came to me - eather it was Acetone Peroxide or HMTD. FUCK, I noticed that the hydroponics store has stopped stocking 30% H2O2. Its only a matter of time before I wont be able to find HCl, H2SO4 or stump remover at the hardware store.

This angers me, I have never so much as blown up a mail box with my chemistry, yet when some K3wl bombers come along I get screwed over because they think its fun to blow some shit up. Home chemistry is looked down upon so much these days I wish the K3wls would stick with their "match head bombz" :D

Answer to Gerbil's question: No, you dont have to register you glass here in Canada, however you have a very small chem selection.

ChippedHammer
September 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Sorry for the thread revival, does anyone know what happened to the pair that was running the joint?

I know they were facing some nasty charges and extradition.

tmp
September 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
The last I heard the propietors were granted bail and released from a jail in
Scotland. AFAIK, they still face the possibility of extradition to the U.S. for
exporting RP and I2 to U.S.-based customers.

TheBlob
March 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
The fedgov assumes we are all guilty of something until proven innocent in the biased court of law.

Here in Canada it's the other way around... You're innocent unless they can prove without a doubt that you are guilty :D

But I agree, people get more and more paranoid about chemistry, I remember back in the days when I was a k3wl teen I bought some KNO3 at the drugstore (maybe a little too much), and as soon as my mother found out she called the cops right away, without asking me even one single question about what I was going to do with it.

Chemicals get harder and harder to find, that's why chemistry skills get more important. They think they're safe from evil meth chemists if they can't buy them in pure form, but it only takes some thinking and time to extract them from OTC products.