View Full Version : Inside ATM's

houdini
February 9th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Hi, first post.. wasn't sure where it should go, but decided here was safest!

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the internals of automatic teller machines... for example are the cash boxes generally kept in a safe behind the front access door, or simply slotted in?

festergrump
February 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
First trick, Houdini, is to learn that while information is given freely here at RS, it is frowned upon severely for a newcomer to ask for anything without first providing something credible to discussions already underway or bringing some nice chunks of new info to light.

Newbies often find themselves in the belly of the Beast (http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=5150) for a "spoonfeeding request" such as yours...

I'm very surprised that after a few months here this fact evaded you. It is a very important one which helps keep your survival rate much higher.

Frunk
February 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Hi, first post.. wasn't sure where it should go, but decided here was safest!

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the internals of automatic teller machines... for example are the cash boxes generally kept in a safe behind the front access door, or simply slotted in?

The answer is, nobody quite knows, although a few guys over at TOTSE would be eager to quote parts of the Anarchist Cookbook which were outdated and full of crap back in 1960.

Grab a crowbar and tell us what's inside.

nbk2000
February 10th, 2007, 01:40 AM
I know, but I'm not going to share with someone who obviously has made ZERO effort of their own towards finding out, and expect others to just give it up on request.

Show us that you've made an effort yourself and you'll get some help.

Gmod helps those who help themselves. ;)