View Full Version : How to make M-80s, Cherry Bombs, & Silver Salutes.

Dr_Flash-Boom
February 14th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I find it really sad that so many people ask for formulas and instructions on how to make outlawed explosives like M-80s, Cherry Bombs, and Silver Salutes. IMHO (in my humble opinion), if you need to ask, you should not be making them.

I was in college in 1966 when the above mentioned explosives were outlawed by the Child Protection Act. I had started making my own explosives by the tender age of either eight or nine, so it was no big loss when these explosives were outlawed. To me (at the time) they were just kid's play things anyway. I made really BIG explosives. The kind that would have the worshipers at the Church of the Nazerine diving out the windows head first when I threw one under their church one Summer Sunday evening. They could not tell if it was the rapture or an alien attack until the smoke started coming out from under the building.

The best way to make a really BIG explosive before the ban was to get a dozen, then legal, M-80s and make one Big explosive from those dozen. I would pull one end cap out and pour the black powder onto the center of a piece of brown paper bag; then wad it up into a ball; place a fuse in the open end and bind with 7 or 8 complete wraps of celophane tape. Since each M-80 had almost 3 onces of black powder, my Big explosive had a little over two pounds of explosive material in the enclosure - what a bang. And can you picture how big the thing was?

Once we started driving, there was not a mailbox in three counties safe. We especially liked the big mailboxes in front of the rich people's houses. We also leveled a few of those cute brick enclosures that a certain type of show off put their mailbox in. Hell fire and Brimstone, we made short order of the mailbox at the police station a few times.

For those who are waiting for the formula and instructions for making M-80s, here we go. One part by weight of fine ground charcoal; two parts by weight of fine spherical Aluminum; and five parts by weight of Potassium Chlorate. Mix the Charcoal and Aluminum together first. Then carefully add in the Potassium Chlorate. Use the "diaper" method of blending the components. Once throughly mixed, get a Dixie cup, a 20 oz. Coke, and a pint of Ten High Bourbon. Pour the coke, Ten High, and the black powder mixture into the Dixie cup. Place this mixture in the bright sun until the neighbor's dog drinks it. Light the dog's tail and run like the dickens. If the dog's tail does not light, repeat the above procedure.

Now, drink the remainder of the bourbon and coke. Remember, it is against the law to make or possess any type of salute or firecracker that has more than 50 milligrams of powder.

Have a great day and keep all your fingers.

Bert
February 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
If you're drunk, it would make this post understandable. Not excuseable, but understandable.

Between the actual content of the post, and the repeated attempts to post it... I'd guess you're gone, even the watercooler has it's limits of tollerance.

Shalashaska
February 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I feel dumb now... after reading that...
I'd say a lot of stuff about how the topic of flash powder/M-80's are old news, but this just doesn't even deserve that...

knowledgehungry
February 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
The worst part about this is this man claims to have been in college in 66 which would make him at least 50. I always assumed that kewls grew out of it or died by their own stupidity, I guess that isn't always the case.

This guy could be a troll, which would be almost as sad as if it was serious, since this post was not even remotely amusing.

Bert
February 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Now, drink the remainder of the bourbon and coke.
Something you can teach from experience is, indeed, one's best offering to the youth of today.

nbk2000
February 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
He's been given a week off to sober up.

I thought it was funny, lighting the dogs tail and running. :D

Bert
February 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I find the lack of specificity in his directions to be potentially dangerous, what if the neighbor has a pug, springer spaniel, doberman or rotweiller? Even great danes have poorly calibrated tails-

festergrump
February 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm ashamed I have to be the one to tell you this, Bert, but if you'd have just used the search feature you'd have found no less than 12 threads on exactly how to optimize a short-tailed variety of canine for complete detonation... :rolleyes: ;) :p

Ahh, shucks... This is all getting just too silly, now...